advertisement

And Again And Again And Again

zeon

pfm Member
Yes the needle s getting stuck !. Some records are okay, but on many its happening 3 or 4 times a side. I thought maybe to put some carpet under rack, I have wooden floor. Decca gold, mayware 4 arm, and its sounding super otherwise. Any ideas ?

Had the same with PT1 and Orion, but only when there was some kind of movement across the floor, no matter how slight and slow the steps. Nothing should do it unprovoked. No steps? Look to deep-clean the stylus.

Wall shelf. Lots to choose from and not exepnsive if you can find one to collect via the Bay - £40 or so with luck, assuming that you have a brick or block wall to mount it on. No wall? Then you are looking at trying something solid, preferably heavy, to bridge the joists for the rack to sit on - worth a try with paving slabs as a trial at little or no cost.

I had this a while back, turned out I'd had a right old brain fart with the counterweight last time I set the arm up, always worth checking the simple stuff first.

Try balancing the arm and gently tapping it left and right to check free travel. Also check if the arm might be snagging on the armlift.

$_1.JPG

Always worked for me. :D

I use a low compliance cart (DL103) with my Mayware with no tracking issues. Admittedly it doesn’t have the zero compliance of the Decca :D
Something must be rubbing.

Thanks guys, very helpful
Richard = Behave, ha
Stephen = good idea, but my DIY skills ?
Vinny, Matt = glad its not just me
Awkward = the ebay search is on !
Dog = only 150 hrs usage
Tricky. = that sounds tricky, but will try
Shatters = Sorry, but it did work
So, I have room to move equipment to the other wall and start anew., with as much diligence as poss.Thanks again

I use a low compliance cart (DL103) with my Mayware with no tracking issues. Admittedly it doesn’t have the zero compliance of the Decca :D
Something must be rubbing.
Yes, as above will try again. Odd times its happened before with previous decca cart but not this bad. When I swap my other mayware tonearm in ( clear audio v2 ? cart )
everything is fine. So maybe arm problem as others have suggested

I once had this happen with some dished records on my Spiral Groove. It turned out that the arm rest was fouling the tone arm. Just raised it a bit and all has been well since.

DV

advertisement

Back