advertisement

Looking for suggestions for a cartridge upgrade for Technics SL-1500C

peter312

pfm Member
Good Afternoon

I have been very pleased with my Technics SL-1500C and have been using an Ortofon 2m Blue stylus in the 2m Red cartridge body since new. I find the Blue offers more clarity than the Red and have been happy to stick with that up until now, using teh phono amp in my Marantz rather than the one in the turntable.

I have been listening to various records on it all afternoon and have been enjoying it, although at times I think the Blue can be a little bright (mostly on poor recordings, to be fair) and is perhaps lacking in a little “heft” (weight?).

Can anyone recommend a different cartridge that will be an improvement on the Blue. ideally, I’d like more resolution with more weight to the sound, certainly nothing more bright than the Blue?

Many thanks

Peter

I’ll be putting a nearly new 2M Black up for sale tomorrow when the light’s better for photographs and a low hours Sumiko Moonstone as well if either of those would be of interest Peter. I have not found the Black to be bright and the Sumiko is known for their natural, organic sound. They are handily the same height as the 2M range so no messing with VTA required.

advertisement

Back