advertisement

Comedians, Funny Folk, Live Stand-Up - Share The Laughs

Hurray.

The Wife has got tickets for us to see Chris McCausland (the blind man) and that German bloke, Henning Wehn.

Not sure about Henning as only seen his comedy via panel shows, but worth a punt.

A couple of other gigs had poor reviews of the seating, which makes a lot of difference to me.

Failed on the Lee Mack tour, sold out at the venues we selected.:(

I didn't know what to expect when I saw Henning Wehn but I really enjoyed his show. If I remember correctly he sailed pretty close to the wind PC wise, I think being German helped him get away with it.

Cheers BB

I didn't know what to expect when I saw Henning Wehn but I really enjoyed his show. If I remember correctly he sailed pretty close to the wind PC wise, I think being German helped him get away with it.

Cheers BB

I expect a live show to be different to the TV persona of most comedians, and I hope they freestyle around the crowd they have at the time.

Rosie Jones I would expect to be rough as she already doesn’t give a flying fudge. Good for her.

We are going to see Henning Wehn tonight in Nottingham.
Looking forward to it.

The Wife is driving, so I might have a pop or two, for a change. Not normally a drinker when we go out, especially if we are sat for ages - going to the loo in a theatre can be a right pavlova.
Sod it.
I think it is my turn as The Wife indulged last time we ventured out.
:)

Looking forward to it.

The Wife is driving, so I might have a pop or two, for a change. Not normally a drinker when we go out, especially if we are sat for ages - going to the loo in a theatre can be a right pavlova.
Sod it.

Have you heard this ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02vfbkv

ronnie

I can think of some exceptions.

This always makes me laugh and I have seen it dozens of times.

Well, there could be debate about whether that is a joke or not…

But I did say, “Hear” not see.

Visual gags are not what Herr Wehn is about.

Fair point. Still we all got to see Tommy Cooper.

I get Tommy Cooper, Wife hates him. My teacher at junior school knew him - I always remember him telling the class of 9 year olds how much Tommy Cooper dislikes kids… came as a shock.

Looking forward to it.

Sod it.

I hope you enjoy him as much as we did, saw him before lockdown, he’d done some local research and got off to a really good start with the audience and never looked back.

Cheers BB

Looking forward to it.

Sod it.

I'm envious, let us know how you get on.
He did a personalised Cameo video for my wife's birthday last year. He put a big effort in and it was hilarious.
Enjoy the night.

I agree with most of those already mentioned, but I haven't seen Jasper Carrott here.
I thought his show with Robert Powell, The Detectives, was great and am a bit surprised it didn't run for longer.
His one man TV shows were a must see for me.
Another one I've not seen here is Dave Allen. When he was on we never missed it, highlight of the week.
The only comedy show I've seen live was ISIHAC, sadly after Humph left us, but before Tim and Barry.

Andy

I find Kevin Bridges very funny (love a strong accent) and also Lee Hurst though he seems to have disappeared to all intents and purposes, would love to see Dame Edna or Sir Les too but couldn’t possibly afford it.

advertisement

Back