advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
C4 News have just run a total car-crash interview with Social Mobility Commissioner Katharine Birbalsingh. Absolutely astonishing and worth catching on C4+1 if you missed it. The basic gist was “You, working class people, know your place! Don’t even try to compete with posh people with private school backgrounds. Not everyone needs to be PM or a wealthy banker, that’s simply not for you.”. She actually managed to word it even worse than that. Seriously, words fail me. WTAF?! Like a Harry Enfield character.

Leeds man who sent racist death threat to David Lammy is 12-time Conservative election candidate https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/new...-time-conservative-election-candidate-3726313

"It can now be revealed that Broadbent has stood for election to Leeds Council on 12 occasions in the past 40 years and was quoted as a spokesperson for a local branch of the party last summer."

That will be why it is all over the news... Oh hang on, nope. Only in the local paper. :rolleyes:

She actually managed to word it even worse than that. Seriously, words fail me. WTAF?! Like a Harry Enfield character.

Harry-Enfield-comedian-in-his-Loadsamoney-role.jpg

C4 News have just run a total car-crash interview with Social Mobility Commissioner Katharine Birbalsingh. Absolutely astonishing and worth catching on C4+1 if you missed it. The basic gist was “You, working class people, know your place! Don’t even try to compete with posh people with private school backgrounds. Not everyone needs to be PM or a wealthy banker, that’s simply not for you. Nothing to see here, move along.”. She actually managed to word it even worse than that. Seriously, words fail me. WTAF?! Like a Harry Enfield character.

Watched it with my partner. She was spitting feathers and shouting at the telly. Realised just how jaded I have become.

C4 News have just run a total car-crash interview with Social Mobility Commissioner Katharine Birbalsingh. Absolutely astonishing and worth catching on C4+1 if you missed it. The basic gist was “You, working class people, know your place! Don’t even try to compete with posh people with private school backgrounds. Not everyone needs to be PM or a wealthy banker, that’s simply not for you. Nothing to see here, move along.”. She actually managed to word it even worse than that. Seriously, words fail me. WTAF?! Like a Harry Enfield character.
I saw it and agree, the gist was "if you have not starved to death yet, consider that an achievement worth celebrating "
What she failed to drive home was that people who do the "lowly" jobs should be paid a living wage and be more apricated for the job they do

P.S. what was with the Sideshow Bob hair?

Working class people should aim ‘lower’ than Oxbridge, social mobility tsar to say.

People from poor backgrounds should take “smaller steps” rather than aiming for Oxbridge, the Government’s new social mobility tsar will say on Thursday. In her first speech as the Chairman of the Social Mobility Commission, Katharine Birbalsingh will argue that there is too much focus on those from deprived backgrounds getting into the top universities or elite jobs like surgeons, bankers and CEOs.
Too often success has been defined as a caretaker’s daughter going to Oxbridge and becoming a top surgeon, she will say as she calls for a radical shift in the way the UK views social mobility. Instead more attention should be paid to those taking small steps up, like those whose parents were unemployed who now have a job

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...le-should-aim-lower-oxbridge-social-mobility/

To misquote Douglas Adams, presumably this is some new use of the phrase 'social mobility' I wasn't previously aware of.

C4 News have just run a total car-crash interview with Social Mobility Commissioner Katharine Birbalsingh. Absolutely astonishing and worth catching on C4+1 if you missed it. The basic gist was “You, working class people, know your place! Don’t even try to compete with posh people with private school backgrounds. Not everyone needs to be PM or a wealthy banker, that’s simply not for you.”. She actually managed to word it even worse than that. Seriously, words fail me. WTAF?! Like a Harry Enfield character.
I saw that too. I was only half-watching to begin with and was thinking who is this absurd prattling person and what's she doing on C4 News when it emerged she was the Social Mobility Commissioner. God help us.

Another nutter-sociopath who's perfectly at home with the contemporary Tory party.

To misquote Douglas Adams, presumably this is some new use of the phrase 'social mobility' I wasn't previously aware of.

I saw a comment earlier that they are really just gatekeepers. That is their job. Applies to this one, Patel, Braverman etc etc. They appear to gain pleasure from blocking others from having the basic opportunities they had. Patel being the absolute worst; the daughter of economic migrants gleefully unleashing a staggering level of visceral hatred and cruelty onto hugely vulnerable refugees seeking far less. Cruelty and restriction of opportunity as a marketable ideology. It couldn’t be more Bullingdon Club really. It is no surprise why a lifelong class warrior like Johnson surrounds himself with such people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back