advertisement

Help me pick a new pair of speakers

roa51

Help me pick a new pair of speakers.

My equipment list is listed below.
I like my Revel m105 speakers but feel there is something better available. So, if anyone can
recommend a starting point or a set of speakers, please feel free. My budget is around 4K. I would
like to stay with bookshelf speakers but will consider others. My listing room is 13x21 ft.

Current setup:
Rogue Audio RP-5
Rogue Audio Hydra
Gold Note PH-10 w/PS-10
Rega planar P8 W/Ania Pro
Revel m105
SVS SB1000

Thanks
roa51

Very nice .4k new or second hand? And whats the power amp ? Forgive me if its in that list but i cant see it

My equipment list is listed below.
I like my Revel m105 speakers but feel there is something better available. So, if anyone can
recommend a starting point or a set of speakers, please feel free. My budget is around 4K. I would
like to stay with bookshelf speakers but will consider others. My listing room is 13x21 ft.
Those Revel speakers are already pretty damn good however they are definitely uncoloured. If you are looking something with a bit more character perhaps try a Totem speaker such as the older Rainmaker or Model 1.

EDIT: The Sky and Signature One should also be within the price range.

Size matters. Nothing less than a pair of 10" woofers need apply in the OP's room. Preferably 12 or 15".

The OP would be shocked at just how capable this combo would be

I got some Maggie 1.7i's last year and their just so enjoyable and unfatiguing to listen to.The best speakers i've ever had.
The instrument separation is really astonishing and timbre of instruments like piano - brass - wood wind cymbals is incredible.Vocals are gorgeous.
Also soundstage as they radiate backwards as well as forwards they paint such a realistic performance in front of you.
It's a real shut your eyes and they just vanish.
They do roll off in the bass but the bass you do get has so much texture.All the box speakers I have had in the past just sounded blurred in comparison.Maybe going lower.
If you have a sub anyway they should work a treat.Their transient speed is amazing.
I did google your power amp and it seems to have plenty of power as Mags like current.
I am using mine with a Rega Aethos which has great synergy with them.

If you would like to ever listen to mine and you are in the South East private message me.

Yeah big pick up for the 1.7'i amazing VFM.
And quite telling my dealer the superb hifi lounge in the home counties who sell Wilson - Sonus Faber -Avant Guarde and other very hi end kit.The owner Paul told me he would have Mags at home but has about 5 cats and they might use them as scratch posts !
He did warn me that once you experience panels there's no going back..and he wasn't wrong !

Last edited:
You could get a pair of KEF Refrence 1’s with stands for £4k. S/H prices have been tumbling since the Meta version was released. They need a meaty amp to drive them to their full potential though.
Check out some of the reviews, difficult to find a bad one…

Hi All,
I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Revel M126Be's (Gloss Black). I really like this speaker. It checks all the boxes for me and sounds great in my listening room. To top everything off, I really got a very nice price on the set. So, I think my search is over. I may add a second sub.

I would like to thank everyone for replying to my post, it way a big help, thanks.

roa51

advertisement

Back