advertisement

Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee Thread

Glad to hear young Will support the environmental stuff. Good lad. If he can have any effect there it’s a positive. Blimey the music was shitty, but the palace light show good with the Attenborough speech.

Screenshot-20220602-203324-Facebook.jpg

Caption competition . . .

This is so unfair grandma

I think we can now definitively answer this one... "Oh no, Rod Stewart has started singing!"

I think we can now definitively answer this one... "Oh no, Rod Stewart has started singing!"
That’s a brilliant photo. Could you imagine a great grandson of Queen Victoria behaving like that? He’d have been taken inside by nanny, nipped when no one was looking then given a laudanum chew.

Just flicked through it. Awful. Just awful.
Diana Ross pricked up the ears until she said something off script over the pre recorded track and you could only just make it out. Elton awful. Bocelli - awful, certainly non memorable Nessun Dorma..
I have a lot of time for the Queen, but whoever thought this would be a good idea to celebrate the jubilee.....nul points.
I suspect (and hope) she has been fast asleep for most of this.
The BBC 'chat/newsfeed/whateveryoucallit' has been surprisingly close to the bone...

I'm going to raise a glass now - Well done your majesty to a life well lived, duty served above and beyond, .....and just forget all this media forced nonsense.

The irony (given the current B***** nonsense) is that she’s Germany’s greatest ever export to the U.K. The house of Sax Coburg Gotha - a beacon of virtue above a literal sewer of Conservative government.

And they bought the National Anthem with them too...

I watched none of this, as one would expect, though I hear from other sources that someone (George Ezra’s band I think) was playing a Shergold Marathon bass, which is not something one sees often these days (I have two of them, hence being in ‘the loop’).

Buck house looking absolutely splendid this evening.

Barco projectors...

How much do Barco projectors cost?
$150,000-$300,000

At the high end of Barco's line of laser projectors, which it will be showing exhibitors at CinemaCon, is its flagship laser series — its high-end systems for large auditoriums — which list in the $150,000-$300,000 range, with or without the new option.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/cinemacon-barco-high-contrast-laswer-881885/

They are using maybe half a dozen Barcos or Christies for that presentation.

I work in the industry and it was impressive, let me make some calls and see what was used. Would be great if a UK company, like White Light, did it.

flatpopely
''Would be great if a UK company, like White Light, did it.'

White Light has been bought out by D&B so that might make them a German company now even though they are based in Wimbledon. I expect there will be a big write up of the technical side of the event in the trade mags next month with lots of glossy pics.

Oh M****, that’s rich coming from you. Remember the terrible problems you was having with the stuff?
This man has spent the past year or so following me around here claiming I m somebody else lol. But he seems to be allowed to get away with his lies and slurs !. He now states
ive had drink problems in the past more LIES LIES LIES. Its very embarrassing for you sir

advertisement

Back