advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

24 attempts versus 1 from Madrid but I’ve no complaints with the result - we were worked out and should have scored but Cortois saw that we didn’t. Peter Walton have a clear explanation of why the Benzema goal was disallowed, ball came off Liverpool player to a Madrid player in offside position. Difficult to dislike the cheery magician Ancelotti but like other fans on here, hard to like RM as a team …. Roll on next season and I wish we’d keep Mane and sell Salah …. Enjoy the summer Gents

Ah well here's to next season. I hope the second tear teams like Utd, Chelsea and the Arse put up a better showing than the embarrassing one they've managed this time round.:)

If ye dinnae score, ye dinnae win. We clearly had the better chances, didn’t take them. Madrid defended well and Courtois had a great day at the office. Gutted, but no complaints. It’s been a heck of a season. Two trophies won and to still be battling for the others right down to the wire is a great effort.

I wanted Liverpool to win and in truth Courtois won it for Madrid aided by some ball watching resulting in the goal.
Yet another chance next season and nothing to be gained by point scoring...roll on next season!

Commiserations to Liverpool fans. The better team lost tonight and I think a long season had sapped the energy from you in the second half, allied to Courtois having a man of the match display. It has been a compelling season and two cups, 2nd place in the league and a CL final is so close to as good as it gets. It won't mean much now, but this is a season to be proud of.

I agree with all of that. As good as the performance was, we didn’t create enough clear cut chances. It’s been the tale of the last six weeks. Courtois probably had only 3 great saves to make. RM had one good chance and scored. I always feared that if RM scored scored first they would have the nouse to see it out and so it proved.

A disappointing end to a remarkable season - played 63 and lost only 4 games.

Goalkeepers are as important as strikers, never really get the same credit. A keeper having a great game is often spun as the opposition being ‘unlucky’.

Goalkeepers are as important as strikers, never really get the same credit. A keeper having a great game is often spun as the opposition being ‘unlucky’.
I'm not a fan of Courtois in view of the way he parted company with Chelsea but he was absolutely magnificent last night - Liverpool, by contrast, had a couple of big players who really didn't turn up on the night.
You have to give credit to Madrid - on the way to winning this tournament they've taken out PSG, Chelsea, City & now Liverpool.
I thought after they scored last night they looked more likely to add another than Liverpool equalising - for sure Liverpool have played too many games this season but they were at full strength last night.

Just watched the game this morning as was out last night. Liverpool beaten by a great goal keeping display and poor finishing but well done to RM.

Last edited:
3 finals, no goals.

TAA can see things you wouldn't believe.

Fans turn up with fake tickets and delay the start of the game.

"They're the best team in Europe", says Owen.

Heavy metal football.

PS Look at Carlo and his magnificent eyebrow.

In summary:

Liverpool FC, Spirit of Shankley and every single Scouse pundit have blamed UEFA, Stade de France and the Police on anecdotal evidence, but no mention of the thousands of fans who deliberately bought fake tickets or jumped over the perimeter gates.

Reports and videos on social media of Liverpool fans fighting amongst themselves, pickpocketing each other's tickets and bragging of gaining false entry.

UEFA said,
"In the lead-up to the game, the turnstiles at the Liverpool end became blocked by thousands of fans who had purchased fake tickets which did not work in the turnstiles," it explained.

"This created a build-up of fans trying to get in. As a result, the kick-off was delayed by 35 minutes to allow as many fans as possible with genuine tickets to gain access.

"As numbers outside the stadium continued to build up after kick-off, the police dispersed them with tear gas and forced them away from the stadium."

advertisement

Back