advertisement

RIP Ray Liotta

Ray Liotta was a fine actor. Could hold his own with anyone, including the likes of De Niro.

Cop Land is a much underrated film, maybe because it wasn't given enough publicity at the time. (It's also the film where Sylvester Stallone demonstrated he could believably portray a character that wasn't just another extension of himself. By his own admission he had to up his game considering the talent he was working with, including Liotta.)

Field of Dreams is another demonstration of Liotta's scene stealing M.O. He underplays his performance and dialogue, yet is the most memorable character in the scenes with Costner. Class.

RIP Ray Liotta.

John

Ray Liotta was a fine actor. Could hold his own with anyone, including the likes of De Niro.

Cop Land is a much underrated film, maybe because it wasn't given enough publicity at the time. (It's also the film where Sylvester Stallone demonstrated he could believably portray a character that wasn't just another extension of himself. By his own admission he admitted he had to up his game considering the talent he was working with, including Liotta.)

Field of Dreams is another demonstration of Liotta's scene stealing M.O. He underplays the performance and dialogue, yet is the most memorable character in the scenes with Costner. Class.

RIP Ray Liotta.

John

FoD is a superb film and fully agree re Cop Land; it slipped under the radar but it's a superb film with a cracking cast too

15 years old, somehow managed to rent an 18 certificate video called Goodfellas from the local garage. I vividly recall watching that first scene, up until Rags to Riches bursts in, and thinking, oh yes, this here is gonna be my film. And it just got better. RIP

One of the actors I truly rate, and Goodfellas is one of my all time favourite movies… feeling very sad.

RIP Ray!

RIP.
Goodfellas will be Friday night's viewing, watched it many times already. Those eyes were terrifying.

I thought he was great in the tv series with Jennifer Lopez, Shades of Blue. Fair enough a bit ott acting at times but as most recognise, a cracking actor for sure.

R.I.P. Ray

Wow. As I suspect it was for many my age, Goodfellas was a watershed cultural event. Loved Copland and his gleefully psychotic turn in Something Wild as well.

RIP

advertisement

Back