advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laplink PCMover has made the transition to my new PC a piece of cake. The process took 2.5 hrs after an hour's housekeeping on the old PC. It didn't take too long to fix the few items that Laplink wasn't able to transfer. I had a couple of software keys to re-enter and that was everything sorted.

Trying to fathom the theory and practice of ii-V-I progressions. This sort of stuff ties an old brain in knots, so for a break I thought I’d do what the employed members do - tell you what I ought to be doing rather than the more arduous alternative of actually doing it!

Spent much of the day designing a new sign for the Headway charity shop that I stock with records.
Over the years it hasn’t changed much - a 12” record of a bright colour with the simple messages
‘We Sell Records’ on one side and ‘We Need Records’ on the other side.

I have sprayed a Jim Reeves album bright pink/green sort of two tone with stylish drips, waiting for that to dry properly - which will be tomorrow.
Going to alter the text a little, and draw that on tomorrow, then burn a hole in the top of the record so it can be hung in the shop window.

The first sign I made was a 12” single of Natalie Cole ‘Pink Cadillac’ so was a wonderful bright pink - the shop got burgled and they smashed my sign as they went through the front door. Sheeets.
The stink of the spray paint is assailing my nostrils. I did put it outside to dry, but it started raining…

Daughter gave me some contraband from her ward, I get giddy when offered nursing paraphernalia. No cannulae and drip-sets though… :(

I just arrived home after a 4 mile round trip walk into town for fish and chips
I am regretting it now as I am covered in sweat and my hips are giving me what for :(

took MIL to see a FABULOUS mcarthy and stone place in Newton Abbot . wow ... built on the old hospital . its got libraries , lounges , laundry rooms , buggy rooms , spare room to put storage stuff in. what an amazing place . the warden was so friendly and helpful . well impressed i must say

M&S have had quite a bad press but having good experiences so far with call centres and support staff and everyone

Mrs seagull is in my good books and my bad books today...

Good: she picked up some accoustic foam panels for free. I need to try and improve the sound insulation for my listening room.

Bad: she bought some plants for the garden. Lobelia Crystal Palace!!!

Trying to fathom the theory and practice of ii-V-I progressions. This sort of stuff ties an old brain in knots, so for a break I thought I’d do what the employed members do - tell you what I ought to be doing rather than the more arduous alternative of actually doing it!

In Bachian harmony, chord IIb often replaces chord IV, so instead of the usual end to a piece of chords IV V I, you’d replace chord IV with IIb which has the same bass note but is a minor chord as opposed to the major chord that is IV (I’m assuming we’re working in a major key here)

A standard progression would be I (CEG) move to Ib (CEG/E) followed by IV (FAC) V (GBD) I (CEG)

Try replacing IV in this progression with IIb (DFA/F)

Very similar, but pleasingly different.

The first sign I made was a 12” single of Natalie Cole ‘Pink Cadillac’ so was a wonderful bright pink - the shop got burgled and they smashed my sign as they went through the front door. Sheeets.
Are people really breaking into charity shops now?

Are people really breaking into charity shops now?

We decided to adopt a dog from the local pound, when we arrived to collect, the place was smashed up quite badly, there had been a break-in for the drugs which are administered to the dogs.

In Bachian harmony, chord IIb often replaces chord IV, so instead of the usual end to a piece of chords IV V I, you’d replace chord IV with IIb which has the same bass note but is a minor chord as opposed to the major chord that is IV (I’m assuming we’re working in a major key here)

A standard progression would be I (CEG) move to Ib (CEG/E) followed by IV (FAC) V (GBD) I (CEG)

Try replacing IV in this progression with IIb (DFA/F)

Very similar, but pleasingly different.
Thanks for taking the time to write that. I think it’s the amount of choice I find bewildering. That and putting sevenths on. But this isn’t really the place. Perhaps we need a music theory thread!

We decided to adopt a dog from the local pound, when we arrived to collect, the place was smashed up quite badly, there had been a break-in for the drugs which are administered to the dogs.

our vet had a similar event - they didn't manage to access any veterinary medicines but they did steal loads of pet food from the shop bit of the waiting room.

this morning, writing some proposals for revising our CPAD programme, preparing for a board of examiners tomorrow morning, buying train tickets for tomorrow afternoon, eating a rather nice bacon and fried egg sandwich.

This afternoon my regular catchup with HR

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back