advertisement

Yellow Porsche..!!

andyoz

pfm Member
Ok, I've reached maximum Mid Life Crisis mode and don't give a feck!
Just bought it..

Spec for the beards: 996.1 GT3 Clubsport Manthey K400.
Manthey mods puts the engine about half way between stock and a Cup engine...

l4t6RJw.jpeg

NGGnUVk.jpeg

IcILipU.jpeg

Nice!

Front looks like you put it through a hedge already.. ?? ;)

That's, erm, an adventurous colour.
The next bike build I do is going to be similar. I already have one in Ford ASBO orange and a recent build in RAL 6018 Kawasaki yellow/green. So buttercup yellow is right up my street.

If you're going to go yellow..go proper yellow :)

Cracker thing Andy - engine bay looks very purposeful. Keep it between those hedges up there.

That's, erm, an adventurous colour.
The next bike build I do is going to be similar. I already have one in Ford ASBO orange and a recent build in RAL 6018 Kawasaki yellow/green. So buttercup yellow is right up my street.

Speed Yellow. It's got an orange tinge to it that cameras rarely pick up properly. I always associate it with the classic air cooled stuff. Only three Speed Yellow 996.1 GT3 Clubsports ever came into the UK.

Speed Yellow. It's got an orange tinge to it that cameras rarely pick up properly. I always associate it with the classic air cooled stuff. Only three Speed Yellow 996.1 GT3 Clubsports ever came into the UK.
It looks very similar to Ford Signal Yellow in the pics, is it actually a bit more orange? Very good choice. Too many sports cars are bloody Humber Estuary in November Grey, I hate them.

The engineering geek side of me loves the history behind that Mezger 996 drivetrain

Porsche was near broke and Management barely let the engineers make the first gen GT3. So they had to grab bits from the 964, 993, GT1 and 959 Motorsport stuff...so they could argue that the R&D/tooling costs had already been recouped.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back