advertisement

New Naim 372 and 250 at Munich

Nothing to see move on, is the answer.
Naim are really lossing the plot

As someone whose main Naim system was made in 1977 and newest item is a NAC 62 I'm not sure what to think. The hifi world and photography seem share this upgraditis. Of course manufacturers encourage this as it's a part of the market. My father's old kit will probably see me out. However I do need to sort out a streaming solution some time :rolleyes:

Not sure I've been back to the Naim forum for a decade, despite having a full Naim system. It's an utterly pointless experience compared to here.

I know what you mean. Joined there recently. Some of the posters are really nice and helpful. Some are, shall we say less so ;) I also find the dogmatic approach to source first and upgrade paths a little stifling. I guess one of the appeals of Naim is knowing everything is matching and there is a defined upgrade path and I bought my 282 and 250 with that in mind. However, having listened to my non-Naim sources through the 282 hooked up to my NAD amp as an interim while I wait for the 250 I am questioning that logic. Happy with the 282 but will keep my current sources (Brinkmann Nyquist and Bardo) and may also cancel the 250 and go active ATCs.

I always wanted Naim to do a more simple pre-amp, just a couple of inputs, a 52 light with balanced outputs.

If you go active with ATCs you can save a lot of money space by simply buying a CDA2.

I always wanted Naim to do a more simple pre-amp, just a couple of inputs, a 52 light with balanced outputs.

If you go active with ATCs you can save a lot of money space by simply buying a CDA2.
What about the Atom HE? Gives you a streamer and proper headphone amp too, but analogue inputs get adc’ed.

First time I watched the Tin boxes myself.
That is the pre/power/psu edition, no sign of the Star.
Even the separates are great amps - Sorry but I am not tempted, not the slightest.

You would have hoped Naim could source transformers that don’t buzz like a 70’s fridge by now.

And also source POTENTIOMETERS that don't suck, that are BALANCED and that WORK properly. But apparently some things are IMPOSSIBLE for Naim.

advertisement

Back