advertisement

Blue Badge - Disability Parking

It is complex if you have brain damage and have difficulty understanding what the questions mean.

Not complex if one has all of ones faculties.
i.e. not disabled

Whilst there are undoubtedly advice deserts out there plenty of organisations assist with form filling. Always worth checking out Advice Finder or Advicelocal.

It has to be borne in mind that most applicants will have some cognitive issues given likely pain levels from many mobility issues. They would have issues regardless of the length of the application. There are plenty of routes around that. The issue really is that, regardless of that, the application form is ludicrously long in the context of the intent.

Not sure where you get your high horse from?

Evidence is in the experience I have.

people using blue badge folders, but not displaying a badge, or carefully hiding the expiry date, or simply not bothering at all.
My comment was not a comment on the disability or not of the person/s
Or didn’t realise Mr. self appointed snooper was on the prowl.

Whilst there are undoubtedly advice deserts out there plenty of organisations assist with form filling. Always worth checking out Advice Finder or Advicelocal.

It has to be borne in mind that most applicants will have some cognitive issues given likely pain levels from many mobility issues. They would have issues regardless of the length of the application. There are plenty of routes around that. The issue really is that, regardless of that, the application form is ludicrously long in the context of the intent.

You don’t really understand how patronising that sounds.

You don’t really understand how patronising that sounds.

Er, says a man telling me what I don’t understand.

I don’t see anything patronising there at all. I’m saying that the form is stupidly long and most applicants will have some difficulty with it. I’m also saying there is lots of help out there.

Er, says a man telling me what I don’t understand.

I don’t see anything patronising there at all. I’m saying that the form is stupidly long and most applicants will have some difficulty with it. I’m also saying there is lots of help out there.

How can you understand?
you are not me.

hurting my head now. out.

I frequently park in the disabled spaces outside the local swimming pool. I do not yet have a blue badge, but I have spoken to the centre manager who told me it was fine. He knows I struggle to walk from car to pool and even more getting out of the pool. Also, the disabled spaces are never even half occupied, but I would not take the last space.

I started the blue badge form last week online then returned to it to add images of forms etc. Nothing I did made the uploader work so I gave up again. I'll have another go at some point, but if necessary my local council offers appointments to help with the form. There is no paper option.

I frequently park in the disabled spaces outside the local swimming pool. I do not yet have a blue badge, but I have spoken to the centre manager who told me it was fine. He knows I struggle to walk from car to pool and even more getting out of the pool. Also, the disabled spaces are never even half occupied, but I would not take the last space.

I started the blue badge form last week online then returned to it to add images of forms etc. Nothing I did made the uploader work so I gave up again. I'll have another go at some point, but if necessary my local council offers appointments to help with the form. There is no paper option.

The lack of a paper option is a recurring theme across most local authorities nowadays.

You highlight a key point. Whilst some applications are straightforward those which require assessment are often delayed quite badly. It would be useful to have an interim award process until a final decision.

Wife just told me that the application has been successful, just got to cough up £10 and should get new badge soon.
Phew.
I was anxious about this, and have curtailed my routine.
Next time I shall try and remember to apply earlier.

Good luck to anyone applying, glad I had my wife to help me.

let us know how you get on with it.

advertisement

Back