advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact the same drugs as Mr President Artist takes. For sure.
Would that be ‘Mr. Artist Nazi Jew President’? One of your TV hostesses, Olga Skabeeva, explained the ‘special operation’ was taking longer than expected because a far larger proportion of the Ukrainian population were Nazis or Nazi sympathisers than first thought and they would all have to be dealt with.

Not only people. So many of civilian infrastructure destroyed on purpose. Today's example, another cultural centre destroyed https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-61528686 I simply cannot get this. I see this war has zero ideology behind left. It is simply a rage to destroy everything in Ukraine, people, buildings, cities, everything what they can reach, not sorting if it is 'nazi', Ukrainian or fellow Russian folk.
It's as close to genocide as they can practically get. Their self-pittying rage has to be satisfied with inflicting as much lasting damage as possible, since the original plan of erasing the Ukrainian nation from history got short funded.

According to Russian propaganda, Russian forces never target civilians - because, well, they are Russians, "soulful, kind and honest people," and are definitionally incapable of such actions.

Instead, as it is patiently explained to Russian citizens every evening, it's the Ukrainian Nazis that inexplicably chose the exact moment a Ukrainian city is surrounded by RF forces to immediately massacre the civilian population inside.

Basically, Russian defense is "they are killing themselves." And Russian citizens regurgitate this in interviews, so it's working very well. As we say in Russian "Goebbels is nervously smoking a cigarette."

Why this clowning?

Would that be ‘Mr. Artist Nazi Jew President’? One of your TV hostesses, Olga Skabeeva, explained the ‘special operation’ was taking longer than expected because a far larger proportion of the Ukrainian population were Nazis or Nazi sympathisers than first thought and they would all have to be dealt with.
The other star of Russian TV is the fabulously rich Margarita Simonyan. She noted that Ukranian form of Nazism is even more dangerous - because it lacks a Fhurer and a clear racial ideology - it's "diffuse" and can target anyone.

It's quite remarkable, actually.

And in a fitting epilogue, Belorussia banned 1984.

It's pity. Your speach so pathetic.
I believe you could pathetically translate some unspoken truth for our BBC-washed readers.
Be nice.

But a question of common language is an interesting one.

When Ukranians speak in interviews they constantly bring up a topic of freedom. Many times, they proclaim themselves to be free people, with evident pride. They speak a language that is universally and instantly recognized by free people everywhere.

Russians, on the other hand, NEVER say anything about their own freedom. They express war support through the exact words they hear from Skabeeva, Soloviov and Simonyan. Some say "no comment" or "I am apolitical" while looking down or away. It's a polulation that speaks the language of propaganda or fear. A truly unfree people.

Last edited:
Many Russian people need and want to believe their state propaganda. Addressing or even accepting the actual truth condemns them to guilt and shame for what is being done to their Slavic cousins in their name. Perhaps that is why dmitre is so actively in denial of the truth this evening. It is becoming difficult to reconcile the facts with his beliefs.

The label Nazi needs to be properly defined here. It is basically just a label for anyone the Russian State doesn't like. If you don't do a good job here on PFM, dmitre, you'll be a considered a Nazi soon as well and be off to a Gulag for re-education for example. You may well meet some Ukrainian Civilians from the Donbass when you get there if they can survive that long by the way.

No matter what way you look at this "Special Military Operation", it always ends up as very bad news for the future of Russia. Militarily it was fatally flawed in its conception and implementation. The sooner they back out of Ukraine the better for everyone. I hope Putin's illness is indeed both terminal and swift for everyone's sake. He knows he is finished if his losses are perceived as the leadership failures that they truly are so he will never back down.

John

'How will Russia ever get a fair hearing?'

Almost impossible to tell but what is important is to separate the Russian state under Putin from the Russian people. Putin's world must be shut down and the Russian people need to be welcomed into the Western world before they revert to another dictatorship.
And then there is the rebuilding of Ukraine and dealing with the Russian miltary ....
I expect that when there is a chance for the above to be sorted out the short termism of our politicians will screw it up.

I'm old, so also continue to use usenet. My reaction to emitre@noweheremuch is formed by that to some extent, I guess.

With initial postings it may seem reasonable to reply/respond. However as the mount up...

Don't feed the trolls. It simply wastes time and effort and prevents discovery and discussion of real info and understanding.

And then there is the rebuilding of Ukraine and dealing with the Russian miltary ....
I expect that when there is a chance for the above to be sorted out the short termism of our politicians will screw it up.

Alas, yes. Plus their blind devotion to a narrow form economics that doesn't even work well *here*, let alone the way it aided paving the way for Putin and his Pals gaining control in Russia.

Earlier this week I was asked to take photos of eight Ukrainian students who will be starting grad school at the university where I work. They’re here as part of an academic humanitarian program and the first third of the 24 students who will be arriving at the university over May.

A very humbling yet distressing experience to see them. The students were grateful for the opportunity, relieved to be in a safe haven, but utterly shattered because of the loss they experienced and the family and friends they left behind. Though distant, the war seemed much closer to me.

Joe

A mural being painted in Kyiv of the Madonna cradling a rocket launcher.

On the one hand I can understand the sentiment. On the other if this was being painted in Moscow I dare say many in the West would find the militarisation of religious iconography peculiar, or even sacrilegious.

IhFyb4C.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back