advertisement

yV3wAmfl.jpg

I added a pair of headphones to my setup for late-night listening. Oddly, I think they sound better directly into my MacBook than they do through my Supernait?! Somewhat disappointing. I'll have to give them a go direct from the Auralic Altair later. Lovely build and ridiculously comfortable though.

Brave. Do you have Colin Yallop's phone number and a secret supply of KHS180A mechanisms (he says with the same player and any number of t shirts)?

Brave. Do you have Colin Yallop's phone number and a secret supply of KHS180A mechanisms (he says with the same player and any number of t shirts)?

:D

I don't, unfortunately, but I now have an alert set up for them over on the shark!

Apparently this deck has been sparingly used in a studio because it was too heavy to lug about when someone wanted to use one...

What's the equipment?

The speakers are the new addition. Wilson Benesch Discovery 2s. Currently sounding better than they should driven by an Arcam AVR360 while my Bryston B135-3 is off waiting for the MM phono board option to be fitted.

Other than that, sources are currently Technics 1210GAE (through a Whest 30RDT special edition), Philips CD960 and Sonos Port for streaming. I’ve a Roksan Xerxes 20+ and Linn LP12 to rotate in what will ultimately be a two or three TT setup.

52084124477_d92779fe68_b.jpg

Last edited:
I have always hankered for a pair of WB discos's, but when the 2s came out at a mind bending price point, I gave up on my dream.

I have always hankered for a pair of WB discos's, but when the 2s came out at a mind bending price point, I gave up on my dream.

These are second hand via WB. Immaculate, and with a short warranty. Still not cheap, but somewhat more attainable!

P.S. they’ve just brought out 3s, so now might be a good time to look out as folk upgrade.

The Discovery 3's are $31k in the US. Ouch. When I auditioned the Discovery 1's circa 2003 they were $8k.

advertisement

Back