advertisement

Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee Thread

Royal jubilees and weddings are usually an excuse for me to catch up on the DIY. The only one I celebrated was the Silver Jubilee, when there was free booze on offer (I can’t recall from where, but I was in Exeter at the time). The afternoon and evening were spent in a mellow haze of drunkenness.

Real line-up listed here (gov.uk). Not that much different to be honest.

I thought maybe we'd see McCartney teaming up with The Stones.

Instead we get Craig David and Elbow. :eek:

Queen Victoria would be spinning in her grave if she knew that was all her offspring would end up attracting. And for the longest reigning queen ever, no less.

Though I bet King Charles would even struggle to attract Craig David and Elbow. Probably David Van Day and Dollar would be the biggest he'd get.

It was only ever going to be cringe. I feel sorry for Brenda having to use some of her remaining time on this planet sitting through it. I certainly won’t be.

I thought maybe we'd see McCartney teaming up with The Stones.

Instead we get Craig David and Elbow. :eek:

Queen Victoria would be spinning in her grave if she knew that was all her offspring would end up attracting. And for the longest reigning queen ever, no less.

Though I bet King Charles would even struggle to attract Craig David and Elbow. Probably David Van Day and Dollar would be the biggest he'd get.

Another Day another Dollar.

Begins on 2 June and continues over the weekend. Airports will be even more rammed than usual as people attempt to flee the horrors.

Trust the taxpayer is not footing the bill? If so why wasn't I consulted? Dumpy's Rusty Nuts indeed - memories of Bingley Hall, Stafford 1982...

advertisement

Back