advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
54e71b2e28be1e506fc20874a081e7b16dd03d40.jpeg

The only problem with Dead Cities, imo, is that "We Have Explosive" has not aged as gracefully as the rest of the album. Sometimes I'm just waiting for it to end...

If you haven't heard their Environments series yet, I highly recommend it. The first one is Lifeforms-era (released much later). The second one around Dead Cities. The next six are all new material and collectively represent some of their best work in my opinion. I'm listening to the brand new entry right now (see above).

I haven't listened to the later material but, on your recommendation, I will do.

Thanks.

f1cc9b985dc73dce236406b33d58f51f8452e8ae.jpeg

New Order - Music Complete

Haven't listened to this in, must be 5 years

You are getting faster, but I don’t think I have yet seen one with the stylus still on the run-in. What’s the order of battle? Place sleeve in position, prepare camera, frame shot and only then place needle in groove with free hand reaching forward? Or do you have a clever kind of jig system that holds the camera in place? Upload picture to Flickr, download again and compose post. Hit send, and damn - record’s finished already. Time for the next one.

8d2904efba3297ef31db05ade53fc77d.jpg

Mono Vinyl, original UK pressing.
Recorded in 1957, but strangely although it’s one of Mingus’s very best it wasn’t released until June 1962. Perhaps a bit too adventurous arrangements for a 1957 audience at that time? Mingus is quoted as “This is the best record I ever made” and the mono recordings quality is fabulous!

You are getting faster, but I don’t think I have yet seen one with the stylus still on the run-in. What’s the order of battle? Place sleeve in position, prepare camera, frame shot and only then place needle in groove with free hand reaching forward? Or do you have a clever kind of jig system that holds the camera in place? Upload picture to Flickr, download again and compose post. Hit send, and damn - record’s finished already. Time for the next one.

Perhaps it’s not actually spinning? Anyways….

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back