advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Get a better job”
Simples!
According to this governments economic model, the only way to tackle inflation is to make more people unemployed

52079923049_a1c14b2da1_c.jpg

How can the answer to price inflation be to get a better job when the only response to inflation this government recognises is to create more unemployment?

How this government keeps getting away with talking nonsense about the economy is astonishing

It would appear that vacancies are increasing, but wages are falling:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61475720

'There are more job vacancies than unemployed people in the UK for the first time since records began.

The unemployment rate fell to 3.7% between January and March, its lowest for almost 50 years, as job openings rose to a new high of 1.3 million.

However, wages, excluding bonuses, failed to keep pace with rising prices, a problem expected to intensify because of growing food and fuel costs.

The figures show "a mixed picture" said the Office for National Statistics.

Ben Harrison, director of the Work Foundation think tank at Lancaster University, said: "Despite employment continuing to rise, today's figures underline the challenges facing workers who are seeing inflation eat away at their living standards."'

It might help if jobs employed on a ZHC basis couldn't be included in the employment stats. They're a sort of Schroedinger's Job and it's not right if they contribute to a mistaken impression of almost full employment.

^Superb speech. Nail on head.

PS £450k Police enquiry into ‘Partygate’ now concluded; lawbreaking at No. 10 so rife 126 fines were issued. Now onto Sue Gray…

Must admit I'd never heard of Mhairi Black before (I'm not a political animal). Well, I have now! Fantastic speech. I shall be keeping an ear out for more from her.

John

Thanks for that CHE. She knows how to speak truth to power all right, with eloquence and passion.

(I'm English, so how do I vote for this woman without moving to Paisley and Renfrewshire South? ;))

John

Just an MP pondering on the rise of fascism under the Dear Leader Liar. Entirely normal... Happens all the time in democracies.

Michael Rosen has the same warning for us all:

Fascism: I sometimes fear...

I sometimes fear that
people think that fascism arrives in fancy dress
worn by grotesques and monsters
as played out in endless re-runs of the Nazis.
Fascism arrives as your friend.
It will restore your honour,
make you feel proud,
protect your house,
give you a job,
clean up the neighbourhood,
remind you of how great you once were,
clear out the venal and the corrupt,
remove anything you feel is unlike you...
It doesn't walk in saying,
"Our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

Now some of the left-leaning members on here seem to like to pick apart and intellectualise various scenarios about our downward slide (let's all sit down and have deep discussion about this whilst the country is falling apart, a la Nero), and some dismiss important factors, like the power of social media to spread hate & division. But the main reason some of us are so f-ing angry is because the so-called opposition are seemingly doing nothing to stop this. It's getting to the stage where the only way to overthrow the rottenness at the heart of our so-called government, who are pushing this country down towards the f-word, is by violence or rioting.

For God's sake, what else is there to do, if the opposition are MIA? Could someone please tell me?

Now some of the left-leaning members on here seem to like to pick apart and intellectualise various scenarios about our downward slide (let's all sit down and have deep discussion about this whilst the country is falling apart, a la Nero), and some dismiss important factors, like the power of social media to spread hate & division. But the main reason some of us are so f-ing angry is because the so-called opposition are seemingly doing nothing to stop this. It's getting to the stage where the only way to overthrow the rottenness at the heart of our so-called government, who are pushing this country down towards the f-word, is by violence or rioting.

For God's sake, what else is there to do, if the opposition are MIA? Could someone please tell me?
The “so called opposition” is exactly the sort of opposition that those who opposed Corbyn with such anger called for. You’ve got precisely what you fought so hard for and won such a convincing victory for.

Didn’t Michael Rosen support Corbyn?

The “so called opposition” is exactly the sort of opposition that those who opposed Corbyn with such anger called for. You’ve got precisely what you fought so hard for and won such a convincing victory for.

I don’t agree at all. We opposed the endless dithering and evasion, the cowardly pandering to the far-right Brexit policy, the anti-Semitism etc. None of that is opposing ‘the left’, it was merely pointing out Labour’s chosen messiah was a false idol. Corbyn destroyed the left, certainly not those of us who fought firmly against right-wing nationalism etc. Brexit was never anything other than Brexit. It was Farage’s NF fascism burped-up as Tory policy. Labour made a simply dreadful call on it and paid the price.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mhairi_Black. Elected at the age of 20 in 2015 she was the youngest person ever to be elected to the HOC. She's a very good speaker and says it how it is
Taking the seat from one of the pillars of the Scottish Labour establishment, Douglas Alexander before she’d even completed her degree which is illustrative of Labour’s gross miscalculation- that they had Scotland’s seats in their back pocket. It was scary at one point because it looked as though she would walk away from Westminster politics- I’m very glad she hasn’t.

Taking the seat from one of the pillars of the Scottish Labour establishment, Douglas Alexander before she’d even completed her degree which is illustrative of Labour’s gross miscalculation- that they had Scotland’s seats in their back pocket. It was scary at one point because it looked as though she would walk away from Westminster politics- I’m very glad she hasn’t.
She has received some vile comments on her social media platforms over the years. The fact that she didn't walk away shows real strength of character. She is definitely an asset to the SNP and to Scotland as a nation.

She has received some vile comments on her social media platforms over the years. The fact that she didn't walk away shows real strength of character. She is definitely an asset to the SNP and to Scotland as a nation.

Indeed. A superb, heartfelt and passionate speech, and the sort of speech the leader of the Labour Party should be making representing the UK. This is exactly what all sane and decent people should be getting behind, and shows that this approach wins votes, at least in Scotland. Is England too far gone? I don't know, but if it is, the spineless opposition has an awful lot to answer for.

I’m reading a book called The Good Germans. It’s the story of a selection of Germans in the takeover of Germany by Hitler and fascism. I said to my wife the similarities with then and us now is unbelievable. Nice to hear a first class speech by a minister in parliament that is willing to tell the truth. It’s just a shame that someone in the Conservative party can’t own up to this shambolic government we have.

Didn’t Michael Rosen support Corbyn?
Do keep up!

FTG1hMaWYAEUiQQ

https://jnews.uk/is-wes-streeting-the-saviour-labour-desperately-needs/

Wes, with his beautiful "unlined face" is the opposition leader we need.

Those endless puff pieces about Starmer's forensic skills and basic human decency? You must have imagined them!

Or maybe it was all a dream...

A D:ream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back