advertisement

TV purchase - cash back promo- help

Enrae8

pfm Member
So - purchase TV (from large store chain)heavily promoted cashback offer(£200)
They went overboard on the details of how to claim etc…
We have to wait 30 days to make claim
Making claim- can’t see our TV model number in drop down box- go for the closest one
Our TV - QE55QN85AATXXU
Claim - QE55QN85BATXXU
Claim declined - model not in the promotion
Contact them explain purchased from store as per their promotion scheme - they don’t want to know
I said I would take it back to the store for a refund - not interested
Paid by Credit card - contacted them - they said to deal with the store and see if they will give me refund
My point of view is they have sold me a TV as being part of the promotion- it is not,according to the manufacturer
Do I have a leg to stand on ?
:) Any help or advice appreciated

I have the receipts physical and electronic
Just been looking and the TVs are different in that one is 21 model and the other is 22 and much more expensive- I think we have been miss sold in the shop - made a big song and dance regards the cashback :(

I had this before (sort of). LG cashback promotion, advertised in store with banners all over the LG section.

Double checked the promotion t&c's and sure enough cashback was attached to certain models only. Luckily the model I wanted was in the scheme. So all ended well.

In store banners did make it look like the promotion applied to all the TVs in the LG section. I did look at the "asterisked" line on one banner which said promotion T&Cs apply - which is what prompted me to look at the small print.

Make a formal complaint to Curry’s Head Office, 1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS. State if you cannot return the TV for a full refund or have the agreed cashback, you will place the matter in the small claims court. They won’t want bad publicity.

As others have intimated, any of the Dixons Store Group of Companies is to be actively avoided.

You bought the TV on the condition that you would be provided with cash back. If Currys are not prepared to honour this, then write to them at their registered address providing them with 10 days notice of action, by recorded delivery. Provide the relevant details and copies of proof. Wait for the requisite period then just issue Court proceedings. If you're lucky, they won't respond to it, then you'll get a judgement by default. You can then escalate to the High Court and have the pleasure of sending in High Court Enforcement Officers to claim your money and all associated costs. Of course, the reality is that they will just refund you before any Court action.

Or just take the TV back to the store at a very busy time, raise your voice, then proceed to explain to the person you're talking to (& the whole shop) just what kind of an organisation Currys really are! Always works a treat.

Don't forget: never shop at DSG!

Curry’s are crooks.

They sold to and installed for my octogenarian parents a LPG Cooker with the obligatory 5 year Maintenance contract. On the first service they tried to cancel the contract without reimbursement stating the installation wasn’t done to an appropriate standard. Suffice to say I took exception to the Situation. It really annoys me that such companies thinks it appropriate to treat anybody but especially the elderly in such a way.

Say no to 0870 and ceo email address websites are an all too essential resource.

They sold to and installed for my octogenarian parents a LPG Cooker with the obligatory 5 year Maintenance contract. On the first service they tried to cancel the contract without reimbursement stating the installation wasn’t done to an appropriate standard. Suffice to say I took exception to the Situation. It really annoys me that such companies thinks it appropriate to treat anybody but especially the elderly in such a way.

Say no to 0870 and ceo email address websites are an all too essential resource.

I purchased a dishwasher from them, stainless steel. It was so light weight I had to pin it down. It failed within 2 weeks, phone was not an option because 'covid' so via chat they told me not their problem and I had to go direct to the manufacturer. Simply would not entertain the fact that's against the law, gave me the link then 'hung up'

I am really surprised they are still in business to be honest.

I know this might be too late but The Dixons Group of stores usually have the same model of TV that others have but crucially have a number or letter change in the model name. This is so you think you are getting model A, maybe as in a promotion, but actually provide model B which is only different on that one change. JL do something similar, that caught me out in a promotion as well.

advertisement

Back