advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troll is as troll does, I'm, afraid. The second quote clearly can't be true if the first quote is correct. If the poster accepts that we didn't support the US/UK Iraq war, why does he persist in accusing us of double standards now?

Consistency is not his strength. As with all trolls, his main agenda is merely to provoke negative reactions.

Recall this is the same person who was calling for NATO to directly attack the Russian military.

Wonder if Austria will reconsider its neutrality too. Nothing surfaced in the news so presumably not. Anyone know ?

This is a subject that was recently broached in a very good Austrian talkshow, as one or two of the experts thought it made good sense in view of the parlous state of drastically underfunded Austrian armed forces. However the general opinion seemed to be that Austria would be mad to give up the considerable advantages of simultaneously being in the EU and enjoying its supposed neutrality. A Swiss participant (Roger Köppel) thought Switzerland and Austria should retain their neutrality at all costs and offer their help more forcefully to promote negotiations between Russia and Ukraine. Considering how slow-moving Austrian politicians are, my impression FWIW was that Austria is not currently reconsidering its neutrality and is unlikely to do so in the foreseeable future.

Consistency is not his strength. As with all trolls, his main agenda is merely to provoke negative reactions.

Recall this is the same person who was calling for NATO to directly attack the Russian military.

Correct, that would be much more fair and honest than a current proxy war via Ukraine that will leave it devastated, with polluted farming land and decades to rebuild the industries, if it ever happens (I doubt so).

Plus in the case of NATO direct attack this war would have finished two months ago. But some of your sons would not be here anymore... Actually it would be fair for all the West warmongers to feel what they forced Ukrainians to feel.

Nukes? Well... You probably think it is better to nuke Ukraine than your houses... Maybe, I dunno.

Correct, that would be much more fair and honest than a current proxy war via Ukraine that will leave it devastated, with polluted farming land and decades to rebuild the industries, if it ever happens (I doubt so).

Plus in the case of NATO direct attack this war would have finished two months ago. But some of your sons would not be here anymore... Actually it would be fair for all the West warmongers to feel what they forced Ukrainians to feel.

Nukes? Well... You probably think it is better to nuke Ukraine than your houses... Maybe, I dunno.

How you can criticize "warmongers" while simultaneously calling for World War III remains beyond comprehension.

To be fair, you did get the last two words of your post right.

The Western warmongers forced Russia to invade Ukraine? They are responsible for all that Ukraine has suffered at the hands of the Russians?

Saw a short video about evacuation of soldiers from Azov. For me it looked that those 53 heavy wounded were transported on stretchers carrying by 4 other soldiers, so they are those 211 others. Our commentator was pessimistic about their fate as there is no final agreement yet. There has to be another talks about exchange. And other thing can be a problem because they probably will be war prisoners hold by Donetsk republic army and not the Russian, so it can make talks more difficult and more speculative.
There are about 2200 soldiers still in Azov factory, so any talking about surrender and that fighting is over are too early.

AP changing the narrative:

"Fall of Mariupol appears at hand; fighters leave steel plant
Russia called the operation a mass surrender. The Ukrainians avoided using that word and instead said its garrison had completed its mission."

apnews.com

Psychopaths will often ascribe their actions to an external locus of control- frequently the victim.

The right wing is doing this more or less constantly now.
  • Democrats are stealing elections - we know the right is actively doing this.
  • Democrats are baby murderers - the right protects for-profit healthcare and defunds healthcare for mothers and children.
  • Democrats are not patriots - and yet Putin apologists are overwhelmingly Republicans
and on and on. Don't even get me started on family values, and the GOP policies that make raising a family harder in the US than just about any other industrialized nation.

With Renault’s exit, Russia is using their factory to reboot a Soviet-era car brand.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/17/business/renault-moskvich/index.html

Maybe Trabant will be next? :confused:
With the great smell of two stroke.

ZLhLVUb.jpg

added roof mounted machine guns and up to 50mph in reverse gear

With the great smell of two stroke.

ZLhLVUb.jpg

added roof mounted machine guns and up to 50mph in reverse gear
Oh dear God. 6V electrics (only 3 cells on the battery) and is it only a twin? There are only 2 spark plugs visible. Ugh.
Edit - the pic above is a Trabant. I think the Moskvich was bigger and probably 4 stroke. I remember seeing them in Poland in the 80s, you had to start them with a string, like a lawnmower or outboard motor. It wasn't even a retracting string, you had to wind it on each time.
Edit 2 - the Moskvich was a conventional 4 cyl longitudinal 4s. The early ones were a sidevalve (US - flathead) design so the performance would have been pretty agricultural. I don't know if/when they moved to OHV.

Oh dear God. 6V electrics (only 3 cells on the battery) and is it only a twin? There are only 2 spark plugs visible. Ugh.
Edit - the pic above is a Trabant. I think the Moskvich was bigger and probably 4 stroke. I remember seeing them in Poland in the 80s, you had to start them with a string, like a lawnmower or outboard motor. It wasn't even a retracting string, you had to wind it on each time.
The Wartburg used similar technology, but with a 3-cyl, 2-stroke. The sound of that engine was "interesting". A geography teacher at my school had one, and his car never ceased to amuse: big blue puff when he started it, and this high pitched, raspy sound once he had managed to warm it up enough to drive off. It didn't do much for his street cred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back