advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given how Finland and Sweden have organised militarily over decades it strikes me they only needed one excuse to hop over to NATO. As big a miscalculation as expecting to be running Ukraine in a couple of weeks.’ A right old pickle ‘ as my mum used to say and ‘you only have yourself to blame’.

Interview from Ukraine with a young Russian POW who gave himself up. Unedited and no apparent duress- much of it accords with what has already been reported about the quality of Russian military operations, notably brutality and lack of leadership by officers. I felt more hopeful after watching it. His phone call to his family near the end was revealing, hope he’s not imprisoned for speaking out on his repatriation to Russia. He can always claim the interview was extracted under duress but I bet he won’t be believed- tricky situation for him.

I know I'm a soft shite but watching that just makes me even more sorry for the young squaddies being used as canon fodder by Russia.

Good news if true - I just hope they will be treated humanely once in Russia.
I read Turkey offered to extract them by ship a couple days ago, maybe the town they are heading to has hospital facilities, appears to be where Admin offices are.

If Putin does have a fatal illness, the best thing would be for him to finish soon while his invasion is ongoing. Maybe they’ll goose step up and down through the rubble of Mariupol to reassure him it was a big success. His successor will have to pick up the tab.

Not only:

but also:

Ukraine war: Military intelligence chief 'optimistic' of Russian defeat saying war 'will be over by end of year' (Sky News)

From that article:
'Impossible to stop coup'

General Budanov also told Sky News defeat in Ukraine would lead to the removal of Russia's leader and the country's disintegration.

"It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation. This process has already been launched and they are moving into that way."

Does that mean a coup is under way?

"Yes," he responded.

"They are moving in this way and it is impossible to stop it."

He claimed Mr Putin is in a "very bad psychological and physical condition and he is very sick".

This, I think is an important development.

Could signal a radical change of direction. This retired general is well respected and is considered to speak for the military elite. Prior to the start of the war he published a scathing article in them independent NEZAVISIMAYA GAZETA strongly arguing against the war. He was silinced after the beginning of the war and suddenly reappeared yesterday on prime time Russian TV.

Could signal a radical change of direction. This retired general is well respected and is considered to speak for the military elite. Prior to the start of the war he published a scathing article in them independent NEZAVISIMAYA GAZETA strongly arguing against the war. He was silinced after the beginning of the war and suddenly reappeared yesterday on prime time Russian TV.

Saw this on Twitter last night. The General poured cold water reality on the usual frothing lunatics on that panel show. The fact he was allowed to do that is quite a development.

Blimey! Making the point that the rest of the World is now against Russia will cause some serious worries there.

The looks on the faces of the other "guests" suggested that they were a bit worried for theirs' and the general's future health.

A great lecture from BBC and other free media:

"How to report on a surrender without actually saying it's a surrender"

Ukraine has confirmed that hundreds of its fighters trapped for more than two months in Mariupol's Azovstal steelworks have been evacuated.

Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar said 53 badly wounded soldiers were taken to the town of Novoazovsk, held by Russian-backed rebels.

She said another 211 were evacuated using a humanitarian corridor to Olenivka - another rebel-held town.

Russia earlier said a deal had been reached to evacuate the injured troops.

About a dozen buses carrying Ukrainian fighters who were holed up beneath the besieged plant were seen leaving the huge industrial site in the southern port city on Monday evening, Reuters news agency reported.

A great lecture from BBC and other free media:

"How to report on a surrender without actually saying it's a surrender"

Ukraine has confirmed that hundreds of its fighters trapped for more than two months in Mariupol's Azovstal steelworks have been evacuated.

Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar said 53 badly wounded soldiers were taken to the town of Novoazovsk, held by Russian-backed rebels.

She said another 211 were evacuated using a humanitarian corridor to Olenivka - another rebel-held town.

Russia earlier said a deal had been reached to evacuate the injured troops.

About a dozen buses carrying Ukrainian fighters who were holed up beneath the besieged plant were seen leaving the huge industrial site in the southern port city on Monday evening, Reuters news agency reported.

I'm getting a little annoyed by you, Anubis. You could also have posted that they are true heros. Without this morale, the invasion would have been a tick in the box.

Putin is dreaming of an army of soldiers having this morale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back