advertisement

New Rega above P10 coming?

I watch what they do with interest as my RP10 is hugely enjoyable and detailed and I would lose too much financially to move to a P10 but an elevated level would be interesting to hear.

I’m currently spinning an album I played an awful lot across one LP12, a Spacedeck, an SME10, dems I can no longer remember and countless carts, phonos, amps and speakers. I’m hearing more of the music than I ever heard which is why the RP10 continues to be so rewarding. The album is Nanci Griffith Late Night Grande Hotel by the way.

Well if a Planar 10 is near UKP 4K and a "Planar 12" is so much more, admittedly my interest muted a bit.

FWIW, I had LP12 through decades back then, not going there again.

Last edited:
I replaced my Planar 8 felt matt with a two layer homemade jobbie. I tried out all sorts of different materials simply because the standard felt mat seemed to store static and I thought the interface between felt and glass could be improved. Does my two part mat sound a whole better, no of course it does not, it does sound ever so slightly different though but the best thing it does not hold static and that alone is enough of a reason to change but in the final analysis I really can't get excited or vexed by TT mats no matter what they are made of.

advertisement

Back