advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

a reference to ?
The-Boys-Season1.jpg

Worth noting yet another far-right/white-supremacist mass-shooting in Buffalo last night (Guardian). Live-streamed on Twitch and apparently leaving a 108 page “manifesto” including the fascist/far-right ‘Great Replacement’ theory that has gone mainstream via the likes of Trump/Republican propagandist Tucker Carlson on Fox News (MSNBC).

You’d think it was common sense- why have a system that allows a anyone never mind a racist 18 yr old- to purchase an assault rifle, bags of ammunition and get this for giving the game away- a high capacity magazine and body armour?

OK, but the shining eyes?

It's something else that has been hijacked by the right, at least on Twitter. Orange "lazer eyes" on your profile just meant you were in Bitcoin, nothing more sinister than that, loads of random people have it with no relation to politics at all.

So Bitcoin gives you laser eyes?

There is a substantial overlap between Trump’s more extreme QAnon/white-supremacist base, the more extreme black-pilled incel gamer culture etc and cryptocurrency. A lot of the people who believe the Whitehouse is a giant pedophile network, that the mainstream banks are owned by Lizards/Jews, believe in the Great Replacement etc etc are very heavily invested in crypto as they have been brainwashed not to trust mainstream culture. Seeing crypto crashing through the floor is highly amusing as it will wipe a lot of these fascist dickheads out financially.

Which is ironic given that the boomer right like Trump and his mates are some of cryptos biggest critics, it scares the bejesus out of old money.

What happened in Buffalo is not just about some isolated shooter, some deranged sociopath. He was fueled by an ideology of hate promoted by an American president, by a leading American news channel, by an entire US political party.

Very good thread/rant about the far-right Buffalo mass-shooting from author David Rothkopf on Twitter. This is about where we are.

In the manifesto, the alleged Buffalo shooter also links his anti-Semitism to his support for cryptocurrency, which is not an entirely uncommon pattern. It’s based on the idea that Jews control everything, including banks, and that crypto is a way around that.”

She’s also tying-in anti-Semitism and crypto (Twitter).

The one time the cops actually talk somebody down is the one time they should have stood back and let the a$$hole blow his own damn head off.

I don't agree. He should be made to face justice and see all of the relatives of those he killed, there in court for his trial.

He’ll likely just use it as a platform to spout his vile fascist/white-supremacist conspiracy theories etc and cause even more misery to the families of those he murdered in cold blood. Whilst I’ve thankfully seen no footage (he live-streamed the murders so it will be out there) what he did is sounds beyond horrific. Apparently he went round dishing out head-shots to black shoppers, even those cowering on the floor in fear, whilst apologising to white shoppers and letting them leave. Absolutely zero doubt what this was and where he was radicalised; this white-supremacist mindset, Great Replacement etc is well represented in mainstream GOP politics, Fox News etc, plus he left a 108 page “manifesto”. Even so I bet some slick lawyer will still be engaged to get him off with a mental illness defence as he is white, and that is what happens. See Trump fascist Kyle Rittenhouse who walked free after murdering two black folk and injuring another etc etc.

I’d prefer that he live, because there is at least a chance that he’ll get older and wiser, and then be tormented by what he did, for the rest of his life.

I can hear the right wing apologists...hateful rhetoric doesn't kill people, people kill people.

advertisement

Back