advertisement

Cricket 2022 - for all things cricket this year on PFM

Interesting choice of red ball coach by Keys - I hope it works out for him and the team.

The batting and bowling coaches will be important. These players, especially the young batsmen, will need trained, experienced coaches to work with. Rob Key needs to be careful not to tip the balance too far, I think. McCullum and Stokes will certainly shed the conservatism they've had since Cook, so that side of things should be exciting but I'd like to see a couple of level heads in there.

The batting and bowling coaches will be important. These players, especially the young batsmen, will need trained, experienced coaches to work with. Rob Key needs to be careful not to tip the balance too far, I think. McCullum and Stokes will certainly shed the conservatism they've had since Cook, so that side of things should be exciting but I'd like to see a couple of level heads in there.

Fair point and I would like to see Root freed of the captaincy score some big big hundreds and play at the test level until his mid/late 30s.

Time to strap in for the ride culminating in the Ashes next summer. First team selection has some quirks with Leach batting at 9 making perhaps the worst tail in history of the game.

I would like to have seen Harry Brook. Nearly 1000 runs by the end of May is as good as it gets.

advertisement

Back