advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Indeed.. or not? I enjoy the possibilities of the journey Gary, you don’t seem open to that which is fine with me.

I’ve read that as well, fantastic, lots of previous characters to appear as well, should be interesting. Look on the bright side Bob, it gives you plenty of time to relive ST1 EP1.

So will the new Pike-centric Trek have a story arc, or will they stick to stand-alone episodes?

I’d prefer an overarching story which progresses or at least references previous ST series or explains some later series storylines. I’d like it to Introduce a lighter more humorous note.It may allow for an interesting spin off. ST will die off without change / progress however one likes to spin it. Take the successful Marvel Universe as a template?
Not for the more traditional ST fan, for which I have some sympathy but it’s a competitive market..

Pandemic, war, inflation, and now … a planet eater.

Anyone got a spare starship I can ram down that thing's throat?

FSHoQ8kWYAEseiV

Joe

Just finished Picard 2, bit that was poor, Wesley showing up as a time lord FFS!

2 many cooks probably, noticed Frakes directed a few episodes whereas I though some were good, particularly the early alternative timeline with the rally to kill the Borg queen.

Never liked Q so I suppose this was destined to be disappointing.

.sjb

Time travel and alternative Universes bug me, and Picard 2 had both. Having said that I quite enjoyed the latest Picard series. But the ending baffled me. I've only watched Discovery up to episode 7 of season 4. It's desperate viewing, I can't remember shouting at the telly so much.

Just finished Picard 2, bit that was poor, Wesley showing up as a time lord FFS!

2 many cooks probably, noticed Frakes directed a few episodes whereas I though some were good, particularly the early alternative timeline with the rally to kill the Borg queen.

Never liked Q so I suppose this was destined to be disappointing.

.sjb

To be fair, and if we are quoting cannon here, Wesley went on to be a 'watcher', I want to say season 5 of TNG somewhere. I mean it's a stretch but its something. He is such a tool though, so I don't see the point.

Next season is a full reunion so that should be fun.

Only saw episode 1 of STS. I could cavil that they are bring in too much magic by making the magic transpoters even more magical, but that's not really big. They are trying very hard to 'get it,' and they may well succeed.

Dear God, I can't get over how bad Picard S2 is.
Respectfully disagree. While it wasn't as good as the best Trek, I thought it a huge improvement on Picard S1, and we quite enjoyed it. However, it's clear that Sir Patrick is coming to the end of this particular role.

Respectfully disagree. While it wasn't as good as the best Trek, I thought it a huge improvement on Picard S1, and we quite enjoyed it. However, it's clear that Sir Patrick is coming to the end of this particular role.
I thought it started out well enough, but got steadily dafter and dafter as the series drew to its, very unsatisfactory, conclusion. It felt like one of those US multi-series conundrums, like Lost, where the writing team has woven such a complex and improbable web, it has no idea how to wind it all up. Agree that Patrick Stewart is, sadly, past his prime now.

Yes it was dire (Picard season 2) imo.

Orville Season 3 opener was pretty good...but I'm not convinced 73 is the right running time. There seemed to be an awful lot of FX shot padding (or were they just showing off their amazing CGI and huge orchestra?)

I thought it started out well enough, but got steadily dafter and dafter as the series drew to its, very unsatisfactory, conclusion.
Sums it up for me. Picard season 1 seemed fresh and different but having just watched season 2 I will be asking my Trekkie-nerd mate what it was all about when I next talk to him. Somewhere along the line I lost the plot on who was who and wasn’t any more, how you can’t alter time only people yet that old grey bloke Q brought a hologram back to life, or the Aussie alien, or something like that. Maybe it’s because I spared myself a lot of historical trek programmes that you have to go through the purgatory to get the subtleties. Sorry Joe!

This thread has gone mighty quiet!
Strange New Worlds first season has long concluded and barely a mutter.
I thought it was excellent, fully captured the TOS spirit and even had a couple of "silly" episodes. I didn't realise it had finished until no episode 11 arrived :rolleyes:.

We also have The Orville gracing our screens now, enjoying this as well, despite it turning more serious than previous outings.

Obi Wan, The Mandolorian and Boba Fett have been all quite watchable .

advertisement

Back