advertisement

Bye-pod

I have an unloved early Touch in a drawer, though I wish I still had my first iPod, a black 2nd gen Nano (8 GB!) as that was swish.

I couldn’t find the Touch link at apple.com until I googled it, but here’s a link for Tony and Jeff:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SD9PSDV/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

At £180 today, a Space Grey 32 GB is (I think) only £20 more than my Nano.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Darmok and Jalad with iPod in pocket. Darmok and Jalad with Captain Beefheart on cans.

Ice cream. Ice cream for crow.

Joe

Three Shuffles and a Nano here. I no longer have iTunes installed on a computer so what is on them won't change. Used in the car through 3.5mm sockets and on holiday through some old powered computer speakers. I will look at the FiiO mentioned by Tumeni Notes above as a possible successor. Our cars are pre-Bluetooth and 95% of listening is FM radio.

We have at least 8 I-Pods somewhere in the house (there were 5 of us in those days). I switched over to using my phone with my first Spotify subscription. Use Apple Car Play in the car, was a bit frustrating getting connected sometimes in my recent Skoda, been great so far in the Audi.

The I-pod was a great product but I hated I-Tunes.

Cheers BB

There are 3rd party options to sort the battery, swap hard disk etc etc, I've flipped hard disk for a mate. If your one goes wrong it's probably repairable by another vendor if out of Apple paid for support.

The shop I use has replaced two batteries and the hard disk (with an SD-card) in my iPod Classic.

Why iPods in modern cars?
I have a 60GB usb micro stick stuck in my car stereo usb port with all my CDs on it.
Because if I want to I can take it with me on a walk, flight or train journey and listen to it through headphones. Yes, I could use my phone for this, but I prefer not to run the phone's battery down. I'm not good at remembering to charge it.

Why iPods in modern cars?
I have a 60GB usb micro stick stuck in my car stereo usb port with all my CDs on it.

I have at least 3 x 32 gb sd cards in my car full of music, the iPod 160 gb has other stuff, and it means I can take that walking or into the hotel/wherever we are staying.

Also The Wife finds it easier to browse the iPod in the car for tunes as there are images :)

life is like that Bob - folks make different choices - doesn’t make you wrong though…

I prefer an iPod to a SD card because the iPod has a separate knob for volume.

Why separate knob, you ask? Why indeed. Why separate knob? Why?

Joe

Just recently sold my ipod classic with 400gb quad sdxc card conversion and 300mAh battery. Got good money for it. The fiio m15 is better in every way.

Why iPods in modern cars? I have a 60GB usb micro stick stuck in my car stereo usb port with all my CDs on it.

Not everyone has a "modern" car. Not every modern car was supplied new with the premium audio installation. I'm on a 2011 Vauxhall, it has a CD player which handles mp3, FM/AM radio, and a 3.5mm Aux In.

advertisement

Back