advertisement

Roe V Wade overturned?

In this case it’s more extreme. In Afghanistan under the Taliban abortion is permitted if the woman’s life is in danger, which doesn’t seem to be acceptable grounds in Louisiana.

was having a long chat with Afghan chap recently and his family are quite happy under the taliban at the moment . less crime etc... mind you he was in favour of chopping off hands for burglary [ only one hand mind you !!!]

1651990284774-png.176145

Republicans are now talking about a national band on abortion.

https://thehill.com/news/senate/3480725-mcconnell-says-national-abortion-ban-possible/

For 50 years, Republicans have argued that abortion should be a state-level issue, but now that they’ve packed the Supreme Court and are anticipating gains in the midterms, they want more. Pointing out their hypocrisy here will do no good, as they have no sense of accountability or shame.

Young women in the US, especially those without the means to travel (possibly internationally) will now face a very uncertain future with their healthcare. I can only hope that they, and the people who support them, will get out and vote in November.

I really hope this helps the Dems to get out the vote for the midterms.

Indeed, and that it is a wake-up call to any non-Christian extremist Republicans that their party really is the Taliban now.

This is right-wing politics. Don’t be black. Don’t be a woman. Don’t be LGBT+. Don’t have an IQ over 80. Don’t think. Don’t learn. Just god, guns, nationalism and stupidity. That is all you are allowed.

I just don't understand this. Why ?
He’s talking about the morning after pill being banned as in his mind a life begins the second an egg is penetrated by a sperm which may well have occurred when the ‘morning after pill’ is taken. Basically middle aged white men are taking control of women’s bodies in more and more areas. it’s white Al Qaeda.

'Cause sex outside of wedlock, or for any purpose other than intentional procreation, is bad m'kay?
What’s bizarre is the likes of Lindsey Graham pronouncing legally what women can do with their bodies. You’re not allowed to stop a fertilised ovum but you can put a bullet in the head of someone at a traffic stop if you don’t like the look of them.

advertisement

Back