advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Putin’s own government has broken international law by sending those from captured populations like East Ukraine / Crimea to the invasion of Ukraine . Will he declare war on May 9th and start a draft? There’s already a lot of conscripts MIA and in Ukrainian captivity.
Ukrainian men that have been deported to Russia have been required to watch Russian propaganda videos - with the obvious concern they will be forced to fight for Russia.

Those in Mariopul and Kherson have been forced to dig graves and defense structures for some food.

American Dimitry would like this article for sure:

https://mondediplo.com/2022/04/03ideology

Vladimir Medinsky, former culture minister and a longtime Izborsk Club loyalist, was appointed head of the Russian delegation charged with negotiating with Ukraine.

So far about "negotiations".

I can't remember many wars where both sides so obviously didn't want it to stop.

American Dimitry would like this article for sure:

https://mondediplo.com/2022/04/03ideology

Vladimir Medinsky, former culture minister and a longtime Izborsk Club loyalist, was appointed head of the Russian delegation charged with negotiating with Ukraine.

So far about "negotiations".

I can't remember many wars where both sides so obviously didn't want it to stop.
I guess this is interesting for those who didn't follow Russian politics.

The key metric of spiritually (and the entire "Russian World" construct rests on the proposition that Russian civilization is extra special because of Russians' extraordinary soulfulness) is attitude towards children.

Here, Russia fails miserably, with orphanages full of children that their parents gave up because they weren't "normal." These children were being adopted to the west for a while, but then Putin stopped that claiming western parents were selling Russian children's organs.

Russian population today is mostly soul-less, like Germans were in the Nazi times, poisoned by propaganda. They will need lots of time to themselves, walled off from the rest of the world, to figure all of this shit out.

My hope is that "Russian World" is reborn as "Free Russia" - a movement that embraces the best of Russian culture and history. It's not a pipe dream - Free Russia soldiers fight along Ukranians and blow up Russian military recruiting centers. Russia has a long and proud history of anti-authoritarianism. Someday soon it will win - give it a decade or two.

Both sides you say? Oh yes, the Ukrainians and their government so want to be bombed, executed and raped in the streets alongside and together with their children!

Certainly less so than some factions wanted to keep kicking lumps out of each other in the Bosnian War.

Both sides you say? Oh yes, the Ukrainians and their government so want to be bombed, executed and raped in the streets alongside and together with their children!

anubisgrau has his/her own little agenda here. Insidious deflection and blaming everyone but the Russians for their atrocities and genocide is a thing for him/her.

John

Russia has a long and proud history of anti-authoritarianism. Someday soon it will win - give it a decade or two.

Definitely, I liked reading Bakunin and Kropotkin as a student. Far more "soulful" than Marx or Smith. Bakunin I remember better as he was a bit of a thunderer. "Power to reason and instinct to rebel" stuck in my punky young head. Alongside his tirades against God. Ballsy.

I was always much more attracted to Bakunin and Kropotkin and even as a teenager it was clear to me they were anti-authoritarian and much of the rest of the established left was either ambivalent or straight up authoritarian.

You have to love how Ukraine are playing their hand in motivating people: from their Tax Inspectorate declaring captured Russian tanks don't need to be declared for tax purposes back in early March, to today - 'Ukrainian hacktivists reportedly disrupted alcohol shipments in Russia after committing distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks'

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/ukrainians-ddos-russian-vodka/
Now that should get Russia's attention!

Hearts and Minds (& livers)
Before the independent Russian websites were shutdown, I remember laughing at the news the Russian police finally apprehended the "Guzzler." He was a man who made a name for himself by quickly drinking a quart of hard liquor out of liquor store's clerk's sight and walking out. Busted!

Probably can still find the CCTV evidence on YouTube.

Last edited:
Monday the 9th in Moscow is coming. Can we expect the full Sportspalast number from Lavrov? I wonder if they’ll devise an even more ridiculous general’s outfit for defence minister/ ex-construction foreman Shoigu to celebrate his distinguished military career covering his one year’s compulsory service.

QIOYz1M.jpg

‘Don’t worry- they can’t smell the gas’.

anubisgrau has his/her own little agenda here. Insidious deflection and blaming everyone but the Russians for their atrocities and genocide is a thing for him/her.

John

None of the written above is true, but yes, you are free to do so as he/she is your whataboutism person on duty here.

It still amazes me that you think Russians are doing something new in the wars, failing to notice the repetition of the patterns exploited by - guess who? And you get angry when reminded of that.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back