advertisement

Speakers for my Audio Note OTO

I use an oto PP with my Ks, now having owned the SE version I know its a rounder sound with a slightly more forward mids but my opinion is that Ks prefer a little but more power to flesh out the bottom end. However my room dictates that my Ks are at least 12" from the back wall so that might explain that. Maybe if you plan to use your Ks with a wall behind them, they'll be spot on with the Oto.
Oto and Js is superb and don't need a big room in my experience.
I found the larger bookshelf ref 3a's much better speakers than the veenas, but I never tried them with an oto. Think I had a leben at the time.
Jake's suggestion of WLMs is a good one.

the majority here seems to be for staying with AN speakers, and my feeling was going in the same direction. They are simply so hard to find.....

What about Devore Fidelity. Hard to find used but great speakers and worth the effort to find …

Reviving this one as I've been talking on another forum to a member who went through a very similar scenario. He strongly recommended to me the Graham Audio speakers who apparently is very easy to drive and can perfectly work in a smaller room with a low power SET. Am looking at LS6 which got very favourable views compared also with Harbeths which cost more and apparently are harder to drive?

Try and get home demos of the speakers you have had suggested if possible this is the only way to tell what will work and what won't.

Best l have heard The Oto sound was with an Audionote CD player and Audionote ANK/LX- a brilliant sound.

Good luck any road.:)

advertisement

Back