Votes: 43 13.0%
  • Four

Votes: 35 10.6%
  • Five

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • More than Five

Votes: 132 40.0%

• Total voters
I currently have one, an AudioNet SAM, but wished I owned the EL84 valve amp I tried last year on demo. Those two would compliment each other very well.

The AudioNet nicely transparent with lots of detail and dynamics, the EL84 not ideal for all types of music, but made gentle rock and acoustic music so live and gorgeous to listen to. Nothing matter of fact about it at all. It really would be worth keeping it alongside the rack and switching it out when listening to certain types of music.

Several .........

Amplabs refurbished Quad 303 x 2
Wyred 4 sound ST500 Class D power amp
Temple Audio monoblocks (2 obvs) battery powered
Cyrus 2 with PSX (I have another PSX too!)
Rega Brio 2017
Eastern Electric Minimax tube power amp
Reisong A10 tube amp - heavily modded to Skunkie Designs recommendations
Audiolab 8000P power amp
QED A230
Townshend Allegri autoformer passive
King Rex preamp (for sale)
Rega io
SMSL SA300
Acoustic Energy AE1 actives

I have three systems in different rooms but the main system I swap around from time to time but the equipment I listen to most are the Cyrus 2 with PSX, the heavily modded Reisong A10 and the Quads .... depending on what speakers I'm using at the time. Errrr, don't start me on speakers ..........

The Accuphase is by FAR the best. But the current combo of the Classe pre and Luxman power is kicking very hard for way less spends :)_
I have a Classe Audio CP 35 preamp from the 90's I paid $300.00 CDN for, replaced the capacitors for another $30.00 and makes my Exposure 23 preamp sound artificial in comparison. Real good pre for the money, no upgraditis syndrome for now.

I assumed the “spirit” of the poll was with regards HiFi pre/power/integrated amps. If just “any amp” my answer changes to something like 15 or more. That would include an AV receiver, Sonos Ones, TVs, old radios etc.

But I think the answer “One” is the one the OP would have been after.

I assumed the “spirit” of the poll was with regards HiFi pre/power/integrated amps. If just “any amp” my answer changes to something like 15 or more. That would include an AV receiver, Sonos Ones, TVs, old radios etc.

But I think the answer “One” is the one the OP would have been after.

For every reasonable, easily interpreted question asked earnestly on a forum, there will be a dozen pedants lined up ready to ruin it by saying "well, it depends on how you define..."

2 x NAD 3020 (need repair / service)
Naim 72
Naim 82
Naim 250
Hi Cap
Dual Teddycap
Sonic Bliss
Naim Headline
Teddy Pardo PR1
2 x TP MB100
Denon UDM31
JVC AX-Z1010

Some serious kit hoarding going on ;)

DIY A class pre and power
DIY combined pre and USB DAC and HP amp
Teac AH300
Inca Tech Claymore
Modded Xcans v2 HP amp

Scott LK-72B
Dynaco ST-35
Berning EA-230
Berning EA-2100
Berning ZH-270
Dynaco ST-70 (K&K Audio mods, running in class A, 12 wpc from KT-88s)
PS Audio BHK Signature 250

I have owned a lot but sold them all and kept the ones I like the most: The Lentek and the Denon PMA850.

Just one - NHB-108. Not a Chinese copy though. A couple of headamps too but they don’t count…

Currently: Naim Nait2 Chrome Bumper & UnitiQute2.

Past (in order of ownership): Nytech 202, LINN Intek, Naim NAC92/NAP90, Lynx Nebula, Naim Naim NAC62/NAP140, Naim 52/135, Naim NAC112X/15X.

Currently pondering the future and wisdom of keeping both the Nait2 and the UQ2, as I'd like to explore some other options and alternatives to be able to power a wider range of hard(er) to drive speakers. I do have a hankering after an Exposure and a Rega amp of some sort, so time will tell!

Teddy Pardo PR1
x2 Teddy Pardo MB100
Audiolab 8300XP
Copland DAC 215
Copland CTA 506
Copland DAC 215 and Audiolab 8300XP in main System.
All others in storage.

Last edited:
Most of mine are DIY, though that doesn't distract from their sq.

Pass F5T
Krell KSA50 clone
Threshold Stasis 3 - DIY, but the front end has Nelson's blessings.
Naim 160 - I do really want to sell it as it just gathers dust.
Pass ACA
Pair of Quad IIs
Leak Stereo 20
Add to the list a Radford STA15 and a pair of MA15s...and now busily collecting valves, do the options never end?

advertisement

Back