advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it truly important if you invade and ravage a neighboring country, not the one 5000 miles away?

What actual difference does it make?

You are right. Geography does not change the morality.
The real difference is that USA/UK have left Iraq/Afghanistan, but Russia will not be leaving Ukraine if they win.

My first thought too;) the original post included destroying cities but other than that it was completely pertinent…
Oliver Cromwell probably didn't possess the means of destroying Drogheda or Wexford, otherwise he might well have done it. He just had to be content with a few massacres.

You are right. Geography does not change the morality.
The real difference is that USA/UK have left Iraq/Afghanistan, but Russia will not be leaving Ukraine if they win.

actually what is done to afghanistan is worse. USA/UK invaded and left the country in a worse condition plus gave up on it for indefinite time. two big invaders in mere 20+ years brought afghanistan back to middle age more than talibans itself

ukraine will be supported forever, it has to remain a rusty nail in russian soft belly.

actually what is done to afghanistan is worse. USA/UK invaded and left the country in a worse condition plus gave up on it for indefinite time. two big invaders in mere 20+ years brought afghanistan back to middle age more than talibans itself

ukraine will be supported forever, it has to remain a rusty nail in russian soft belly.
Russia seems to have made a lot of these nails - Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Osetia, Donbas, and now whole of Ukraine. But it's always someone else's fault.

A bit of humor. Russian propaganda has repeated the same denials for so long, german-style portmanteaus were coined to describe the standard refrains:

1. ихтамнеты - literally "thosenottheres" - soldiers whose existence can be denied - like Wagner mercs.

2. вывсеврете - literally "allyourlies" - all-purpose retort when Russia does something bad.

There are probably others, but those above caught my eye.

You think in metaphors, don't you.

Go in, trash the place then bugger off leaving warlords/religious nutters to take over. Not sure it's really loads better.
There was a small and surely already forgotten matter about mass murder event that originated from Afghanistan with tacit permission from the first Taliban government.

I don't remember Ukrainian terrorists killing three thousand Russian civilians in Moscow before Russia invaded in 2014 and again two months ago.

There was a small and surely already forgotten matter about mass murder event that originated from Afghanistan with tacit permission from the first Taliban government.

I don't remember Ukrainian terrorists killing three thousand Russian civilians in Moscow before Russia invaded in 2014 and again two months ago.
Yet some others seem to want to direct the thread from the current evil in Ukraine to past wars in Whataboutistan.

And Afghan terrorists did so?

"tacit permission from the first Taliban government" - I must remember this quote for future discussions about US/UK wars, I've thought we can't go worse than WMD

And Afghan terrorists did so?

"tacit permission from the first Taliban government" - I must remember this quote for future discussions about US/UK wars, I've thought we can't go worse than WMD
Yes, one OBL was their leader...in Afghanistan. They recruited in Saudi Arabia well. Lost a coworker on one of the planes, and escaped the same fate by flying one day early to a symposium.

Has American hostile actions in response (which I opposed at the time) somehow provoked Putin's mass murder in Ukraine today?

Whataboutism much?

More “Russophobia”, in Germany this time -

The Berlin Philharmonic performed Tchaikovsky’s Queen of Spades under their director, the Russian Kirill Petrenko:

AnOdwSE.jpg

Yet some others seem to want to direct the thread from the current evil in Ukraine to past wars in Whataboutistan.

Out of the selectively contextual pan into the disingenuous fire then. Pointing out the startling nature of your statement is neither diversion nor whataboutery BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back