advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice but slow breakfast, good 45 minute walk back to kings x, avoiding TCR and Euston Rd. Back home thinking about cooking (have ham to cook for tomorrow and a beef Stifado for tonight).

Might make a jug of Bloody Mary. Currently helping the Mrs buy some clothes online, she wants some interesting tops for some nights out coming up soon.

Listening to Rodigan on 1Xtra via my Bluetooth speaker. Will get my Unitiqute back tomorrow repaired....

Going for a cruise around the bay in my yacht, then spelunking later this aft in the Cave of Crystals. Must remember to bring oxygen and cooling suit. Probably eating some beans later today.

Might be difficult to fit in, the beans that is. They're more filling than you'd think.

Joe

then bloody Mary

20220424-161443.jpg

I retrieved some socks that had fallen betwixt the dryer and wall, and as I reached down a ginormous beast of a spider skittered out. Size of my fist, it was. Had a shock of red hair, like the flames of hell!

OK, it wasn't that big and not particularly hairy or vermillion, but I was not expecting a spider when I reached for socks.

Joe

I retrieved some socks that had fallen betwixt the dryer and wall, and as I reached down a ginormous beast of a spider skittered out. Size of my fist, it was. Had a shock of red hair, like the flames of hell!

OK, it wasn't that big and not particularly hairy or vermillion, but I was not expecting a spider when I reached for socks.

Joe
It may have been upset by you when it realised that you were not bringing the full complement of 8 socks

Went to the vintage market this morning. Managed to avoid mrs seagull spending a fortune.

Cut the grass and other jobs in the garden.

Followed the game v Southampton. Good start but a draw, oh well.

My walks seem to get longer and longer. Today’s began at 1.30 and went on until after 6. It took me across a field with a herd of black cows in a far corner. When they saw me they came trotting over rather speedily. I was faintly apprehensive but kept walking. They fell into a kind of wedge-shaped phalanx behind me, moving at the same speed. I began to enjoy this, wondering if there was a vacancy for a bovine version of the Pied Piper, or maybe Hannibal. “Come on chaps - sorry, girls - quick march” I called, looking to my left and right. They were reluctant to bid farewell, even when I had passed through the gate into the wood.

52027357899_28a5073d8f_z.jpg

At the other end of the wood, a pre-arranged meeting with Clun Castle (or 7029 to you.) Right on time. Shame she was going backwards, but you can’t have everything.

52027627735_2c133e944e_z.jpg

Received an SMS message from a local farmer. ‘Are you walking this way today? There is venison.’ I replied that I definitely could and would. Forty minutes later I picked up a bag containing a 2.5kg leg and 750gm of fillet. ‘Shot there’, he said, pointing into the field beyond the hedge.

As I struggled up the hill with my booty I thought how smart the fiefdom looked in the afternoon sunshine. Probably because the semi-dereliction of the Towers is masked by the trees centre-right.

52027111711_5e9c39e1cd_z.jpg

Gave Cook the venison, opened a Rochefort and pondered life’s most pressing question - namely, Chocolate Block or Mégaphone with dinner tonight? Realised my life is good. Then my inner pessimist took over and asked me who or what was going to bugger it up.

Last edited:
That loco the wrong way round is unforgivable: never find itself on the front of a chocolate box. A fine day out!

Walked down to the river, along the riverbank, then looped round to the lake where I sat and watched some new ducklings scooting about. Back across the Downs, home for a late lunch (sausage and tomato sandwiches).

Was going to do some gardening this afternoon, but fell asleep instead. Then I read a whodunnit.

So it pushes in the opposite direction?
Still wrong.
I think we might be at cross purposes, or perhaps you are misunderstanding for comic effect... but if not, consider this - it’s easy enough to move a loco from one end of a train to the other by using an adjacent track, but not so easy to swivel it round 180 degrees without (a) a turntable or (b) finding some circuitous route that will bring it back to the same place but pointing in the opposite direction.

My walks seem to get longer and longer.

Sadly mine get shorter. Still no date for surgery on my farked knees, such that my first visit to the Pub in weeks was only possible after a lift each way from Mrs Mull.(She's not excluded..she just doesn't like pubs..) It's less than half a mile, but way beyond walking for me now. Seriously pissed off..

Meanwhile a good friend from our little circle, who Mrs Mull has known since she was in Primary and I've known for 50+ years..passed on at around 3:00a.m. Saturday after a long and brave battle with cancer. Sometimes it's a bugger finding joy in anything.

Sorry.. just being a miserable sod..

Nice day in Aviemore and Boat of Garten photographing Ospreys, White Tailed Eagle, Goshawk etc
Now in pub supping Cairngorm Trade Winds
It’s a tough life

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back