advertisement

Loud bangs from a suspected shooting

@Andrew C!

They won’t be in common use, but sometimes the big red key is just too slow or ineffective.

And it is very safe. The round turns to harmless powder upon impact, having done its job.

They won’t be in common use, but sometimes the big red key is just too slow or ineffective.

Agreed. I'll check for the facts, but you'd have to be an AFO to use the method you described. incidentally that would need a full tactical firearms assessment, or a firearms silvers authority - which isn't easy to get without jumping thru some hoops.

Agreed. I'll check for the facts, but you'd have to be an AFO to use the method you described. incidentally that would need a full tactical firearms assessment, or a firearms silvers authority - which isn't easy to get without jumping thru some hoops.
I suspect they’ll be authorised for use when entering heavily defended drugs houses with armed suspects inside. Maybe in hostage situations too. You’d need the option, even if it’s only taken up once in a blue moon.

I doubt they’d get through a door in such circumstances.
They wouldn’t be using just one lock

Quickest way to break a door down is not always at the lock side ;)

Upvc doors in particular are tricky because they flex, the door frame that's fixed to the wall tends to go first.

I remember one time where I broke the door down to rescue someone from a house fire and I ended up taking the whole door plus frame in :D

Resident wasn't best pleased! He was shouting at me "look at ma door, you bastards have f***** ma door, I was fine there was nothing going on"

Yeah right, the smoke was down to nearly floor level :rolleyes:

I can honestly say it's the first and only time I lost it at a 'customer' in over 30 years in the fire service, his attitude really pissed me off for some reason, I told him to shut the f*** up, its a council house right? So it's not your door it's the f****** Councils

That shut him up :D

Quickest way to break a door down is not always at the lock side ;)

Upvc doors in particular are tricky because they flex, the door frame that's fixed to the wall tends to go first.

I remember one time where I broke the door down to rescue someone from a house fire and I ended up taking the whole door plus frame in :D

Resident wasn't best pleased! He was shouting at me "look at ma door, you bastards have f***** ma door, I was fine there was nothing going on"

Yeah right, the smoke was down to nearly floor level :rolleyes:

I can honestly say it's the first and only time I lost it at a 'customer' in over 30 years in the fire service, his attitude really pissed me off for some reason, I told him to shut the f*** up, its a council house right? So it's not your door it's the f****** Councils

That shut him up :D

Quickest way I found into a house with a pvc door was… thru a window….

Would that destroy the door? The door looked unmarked afterwards.

I did see them laying what I assume was a BRK on the floor later on.
I don't know what a BRK is but an intact door suggests no breaching rounds or grenades or big red key. keep your eyes on local news and the truth might eventually appear.

So, to check I've got this right ... the bangs I heard were likely just the police pounding on the door? Flash bangs/shotgun entry/live rounds/warning shots/BRK all very unlikely?

advertisement

Back