advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I went for a lovely walk with the better half along the Wey and Arun canal, then through bluebell woods. Our local pub for lunch (delicious whitebait).

Then got a call with the great news of a job offer that I had really been hoping for... so celebrating now.:)

Ill in bed.
Last night my Meniere’s struck around 9 pm and I had to go to bed on all fours falling over dizzy, tinnitus roaring away in my right ear.
Spent most of the day in bed, sipping water, taking anti nausea and vertigo meds and trying the Epley manoeuvre and Brandt-Daron exercises.
Managed to keep my tea down so far.
This can last a day or a fortnight.

Just renewed the car insurance. Renewal was up £35 on last year, so moved it and got back down to last year's price.
Bonus was easy cancellation of the existing auto renewal online. Usually I have to go through the hassle of calling them, where they say 'can we go through your details and see if we can get a better price', so I say 'no thanks, you already have all my details, and if the renewal is not the best you can do, then I consider that dishonest'.

Just renewed the car insurance. Renewal was up £35 on last year, so moved it and got back down to last year's price.
Bonus was easy cancellation of the existing auto renewal online. Usually I have to go through the hassle of calling them, where they say 'can we go through your details and see if we can get a better price', so I say 'no thanks, you already have all my details, and if the renewal is not the best you can do, then I consider that dishonest'.

just renewed mine. Renewal was up £400 on last year. Had to wait 45 mins on the phone to get through. Got £200 knocked off. Went elsewhere with a premium £5 more than last year.

just renewed mine. Renewal was up £400 on last year. Had to wait 45 mins on the phone to get through. Got £200 knocked off. Went elsewhere with a premium £5 more than last year.
Yep, I change every year, unless the renewal is within a tenner of next best price from a decent company. I never bother with getting anything off from the existing company (waste of time, as you found).

£157 for the year for my 1.6 Focus, plus a £20 Halfords voucher from Confused (I will probably just bulk buy screen wash!).

Yep, I change every year, unless the renewal is within a tenner of next best price from a decent company. I never bother with getting anything off from the existing company (waste of time, as you found).

two previous years were with the same company, no price increase, identical. Then this year would have been third year, wham, £400 price hike

Ill in bed.
Last night my Meniere’s struck around 9 pm and I had to go to bed on all fours falling over dizzy, tinnitus roaring away in my right ear.
Spent most of the day in bed, sipping water, taking anti nausea and vertigo meds and trying the Epley manoeuvre and Brandt-Daron exercises.

You have my sympathy. My mother was a sufferer. Luckily Serc daily controlled her symptoms.

Ill in bed.

Absolutely horrible , hope you feel better soon

The narrow country lanes around Marchbanks Towers are notorious these days as the preferred route for car thieves driving north from Stratford and Leamington, avoiding the traffic cameras on the main roads. Scarcely a week goes by without me finding, when out on a walk, bits of car and personal belongings chucked into a hedge. Apparently the Range Rovers, BMWs and Porsches are pulled up here, trim is smashed out in order to gain access to the trackers, they and the number plates are removed, then the journey continues to Brum where the cars are dismantled for spares.

Today I found a load of barware on the verge, in a box with a pub address on it. I contacted the pub and was told with a sigh to keep it with their blessing. They then gave me their full and frank views on the local constabulary. To a degree I could sympathise, I have three number plates hanging in the great hall after having reported their discovery to the cops. On each occasion I was asked to keep them ‘for the time being.’ In each case that has been the last I have heard.

tl;dr...

Today I became the proud possessor of a brand-new ice bucket and more copper-plated stainless steel ramekins (in two different sizes) than I know what to do with.

52017304812_3482ec9cc4_z.jpg

Last edited:
Beachcombing in middle England equivalent. That would make a change from the pebbles the missus insists on picking up and popping into water filled vases all around the house.

Took the wife for bloods today. Able to park outside the surgery. Some arsehole parked up within twelve inches of me when they had a stack of room in front of their car. There are lots of scenarios where this can happen innocently but his wasn’t one. Quite happy to put a trailer-ball sized dent in his bumper but was someone across the road who I couldn’t rely on. So wife did the flight deck thing and I got out of the tiny space with two moves. I’m a fine driver I have to say;)

Took the wife for bloods today. Able to park outside the surgery. Some arsehole parked up within twelve inches of me when they had a stack of room in front of their car. There are lots of scenarios where this can happen innocently but his wasn’t one. Quite happy to put a trailer-ball sized dent in his bumper but was someone across the road who I couldn’t rely on. So wife did the flight deck thing and I got out of the tiny space with two moves. I’m a fine driver I have to say;)
Pop this on the next inconsiderate's windscreen:

3a71d77fec668ed58e9a67a65f6f237c.jpg

Mrs C has made excellent progress preparing bedroom four for painting. I’m on site from tomorrow. Should be off site Sunday. Mrs C back in for woodwork painting, then I am not far off getting boards up for the model railway project.

Washings out now my eyes are stinging ! May pop to the local later barring earthquake or armegeddon. My idea of heaven getting anhialated whilst supping guinness in the boozer. Not been in since saturday gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back