advertisement

What's the last piece of Hifi you sold?

An Escoed Troika, having returned to the MM fold and at my age with 2 unused replacement styli with Jico HE tips, I won¨t be going back. Ciao MC. Still looking for an A&R P77 magnesium body. mind you.

Just sold what was my second LP12 s/n 52xxxx so circa mid 80's? It had an Ittok arm, new springs/grommets/belt and a freshly serviced Lingo MK1 (Class A). Had the deck for many years, it was ex dem from Radfords in Bristol (Mike Manning) way back then.

Sold it as I'd just completed a build of a new one (to me) from mostly all late parts (New plinth/Radikal 1/Ekos SE/new Karousel/Kandid/new lid/new outer platter/springs,grommets,belt and mat). I built a new deck as I had amassed so many LP12 parts and still had my old plinth. The Karousel came with inner plinth, so my old one became spare. The Radikal meant the Lingo became spare. The Ekos SE released the Ittok for other service etc etc. So one thing led to another.

Sold a pair of Tannoy MG 15's...haven't spent the winnings yet but may be reinvested in a lens unless the right amp I'm looking for comes up soon.

A Bow Technologies Wazoo integrated. I bought it because of fond memories of a system I had 15 years ago or so, but it didn't get along well with my Klipsch Heresy III. Now I have a TEAC A-H500i (€220, used, mint) that sounds very very good, has a phono stage and finally nothing to do anymore with contemporary, posh, costly audio.

an old Technics amp as I gave my dad an old Denon PMA 250 that gels better with the Rotel 965 and his dinky little Q acoustics'

prior to that sold a mint pair of Rogers LS6 great speakers but I needed to get rid of some and found a good home for them

Sold a Rega elex-r a couple of months ago (imho good vfm). It was a temporary integrated to get my office system off the ground. Replaced it with a Cambridge Audio Edge A which is an absolute corker.

Teac DAC.
Was looking for higher resolution and higher DSD rate input capabilities for use in NOS mode with HQPlayer.
Replaced with RME which is an improvement on both aspects.

Trichord Dino phono stage.
For about 10 years, i d been under the illusion that it was a mk2 because the case was black. However, the buyer politely pointed out that it was in fact a mk 1.(mk 2 s are clearly marked as such)
I've since learnt that ordinarily the mk 1 s. were silver but some customers requested a black case as a special order
I gave the buyer a partial refund : o.

Exposure xix & xviii non super.
Had them sold because I have too many boxes already??? Kinda regretting it now. Well I still have my vii & viii which sounded better to my ears.

Chord 2Qute DAC, sad to see it go as of the handful of DACs I tried in my system in was head and shoulders the best to my ear. But my boiler failed and I needed to rustle up a couple of grand and this was the most dispensible audio item I could sell. It is missed but the Squeezebox sounds ok without it.

A TEAC A-H300 integrated amplifier. Because I have bought the larger model A-H500i, of which I am frankly enthusiast.

advertisement

Back