Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight, I have mainly been listening to:

Clive Gregson & Christine Collister "I wouldn't treat a dog"

Ana Egge "Road to my love"

John Coltrane "Live at the village vanguard"

Anna Sofie Von Otter meets Elvis Costello "For the stars"

While I'm here... I have a challenge for the pfm muso massive:cool:

Back in the day, and I'm talking around 1988 here, a good mate had a cassette that became one of the "main playlist" for the freak posse we was, yeah man and all that jive... (I don't think it was a recent album even then) and I very clearly remember it was something called "Karma-canics" (and no I am very much NOT sure of the spelling or hyphenation) and I could swear it said on the cassette (hand written) that it was Holger Czukay. Thought it might be nice to find a copy after all these years but googling suggests I imagined the whole thing! Can anyone shed any light on this??

Mi03NDI0LmpwZWc.jpeg

Label: Charisma – CASCDR 1037, Virgin – 0946 311395 2 9, Virgin – 00946 311395 2 9
Format: CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
Released:
Genre:
Rock
Style: Art Rock, Prog Rock

Back in the day, and I'm talking around 1988 here, a good mate had a cassette that became one of the "main playlist" for the freak posse we was, yeah man and all that jive... (I don't think it was a recent album even then) and I very clearly remember it was something called "Karma-canics" (and no I am very much NOT sure of the spelling or hyphenation) and I could swear it said on the cassette (hand written) that it was Holger Czukay. Thought it might be nice to find a copy after all these years but googling suggests I imagined the whole thing! Can anyone shed any light on this??
There was something called Canaxis 5 that Czukay was part of. Sounds similar...ish...maybe...?

There was something called Canaxis 5 that Czukay was part of. Sounds similar...ish...maybe...?

It doesn't fit really I'm afraid... a real possible is that I am thinking of two different tapes of similar ish material, prob 70's but poss very early 80's. It was definitely "Karmacanics" or poss slightly different spelling... What I'm not 100% sure about is that there were not two tapes, one with just "Holger Czukay" written on it and the other "Karmacanics"... but I certainly have it in my head that it was "Karmacanics" by Holger Czukay but it seems this cannot be correct:rolleyes:

Some thoughts sparked by this - might be helpful, might not be.

Karma Mechanics were a b-division space rock band that did the free festival circuits in the 80s. I recall seeing them on a bill somewhere, possibly supporting Hawkwind. The only mention I can find of them is they played Stonehenge in '82 - https://www.ukrockfestivals.com/henge-history-82.html

Can recorded a soundtrack in the late 60s, "Kamasutra - Vollendung Der Liebe". Holger was on that.

Could it be a Holger compilation that the 'curator' decided to give it that title?

Love this. I have days when I just play Stereolab. The next one is seriously overdue

At the moment this is playing while we fix Easter Day lunch after this morning's Easter Egg hunt. This has got more complicated as the kids have got older. Today codes have been cracked, puzzles solved, languages explored, clues hunted around the local area, nests made, photos taken ...

OIP.kBiGkQYDZC89hiisJ57smQHaGh

Some thoughts sparked by this - might be helpful, might not be.

Karma Mechanics were a b-division space rock band that did the free festival circuits in the 80s. I recall seeing them on a bill somewhere, possibly supporting Hawkwind. The only mention I can find of them is they played Stonehenge in '82 - https://www.ukrockfestivals.com/henge-history-82.html

Can recorded a soundtrack in the late 60s, "Kamasutra - Vollendung Der Liebe". Holger was on that.

Could it be a Holger compilation that the 'curator' decided to give it that title?

That would make sense yes as we were into space rock! Ta:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back