advertisement

Whisky II

My son and his girlfriend are visiting tonight, so after a couple of bottles of wine we've moved onto whisky related stuff. First round of that is:
  • Old fashioned for my son's girlfriend, using Woodford Reserve.
  • Highball for my son, using Suntori Toki and Fever Tree ginger ale
  • As a little treat, an Angels Envy bourbon for me
Angels Envy port cask finished is lovely bourbon. Far too drinkable for the price.
I’d recommend trying a rye whiskey in your Old Fashioned, the added spice works well.

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is very sweet but very delicious. I’ve been unimpressed with standard WR recently

I doubt that would be the case tbh. It’s largely driven by the huge export market that has opened up in (pre-present situation) Russia, India and, especially, China.
I just heard that the first post-release auction at one of the main auction sites all of the Springbank was bought by a single Bidder and all of it is being shipped to China.

I just heard that the first post-release auction at one of the main auction sites all of the Springbank was bought by a single Bidder and all of it is being shipped to China.
I wondered who's pocket this was lining, whether it was being bought internationally or to pad an investment fund.

Springbank:
"Thank you to everyone who supported the sale of our specially-labelled Springbank 10 Year Old last week.

To date we have raised over £11,000 for the DEC Ukraine Appeal. The 10 Year Edition was produced to allow a large number of people to buy a bottle of Springbank at a reasonable price while supporting a very important cause and we are grateful to everyone who purchased a bottle and supported the initiative.

We are now planning a second round of fund-raising. This time, we are planning to auction six individual bottles of Springbank 21yo for the same appeal. This time, the bottles have been drawn from an individual cask of Springbank and so are completely unique.

Further details of how to bid will be announced in the coming days and every penny raised by the sale of the bottles will go to the DEC Ukraine Appeal. To be clear, there are six bottles to be auctioned to the six highest bidders, they are not being sold as a set of six."

:)more like it.

advertisement

Back