advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

Seen it... Tried it too. Sorry; but the BH 'Touchless' is a crock of shite and it doesn't work that well at all...

Pre-rinse and snowfoam is much better IMO and I'll stick with that

I do quite like watching that guy at times; but you can tell he's right up BHs arse too!
Just trying to help...

Sahara dust is just clay. You can see when you look at it. The sand particles in the original earth are bigger so they won't travel thousands of miles. Clay is smaller so it will carry. So wash it off the same as you do your clay bar. Lots of water from a hose, a soft brush or mitt.

Sahara dust is just clay. You can see when you look at it. The sand particles in the original earth are bigger so they won't travel thousands of miles. Clay is smaller so it will carry. So wash it off the same as you do your clay bar. Lots of water from a hose, a soft brush or mitt.

What and swirl the paintwork more than it already is?!

Rinsing with a hose doesn't remove it; no matter how much water you use... Agitating it with a mitt or 'soft brush' is asking for trouble...

I rinsed the back end of my land barge with the power washer the other day to see if it'd shift; it didn't do a great job. But the citrus pre wash loosened it well and the snowfoam after that removed it all more or less

Might get away with rinsing a lighter coloured car; but it looked horrendous on my 730D

Are, did mine this morning as even in the NW that Sahara sand has dropped - the citrus pre wash did the trick with snow foam

Mines absolutely covered again... We get the Sahara sands here every year in Preston; but with having my previous silver E39 touring for the past 2.5 years, it wasn't that. bad. But my F01 in Azurite Black (which is really blue); it looked horrendous :D And it does again... o_O

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Look good... Which tyre dressing do you use?

I'm looking for a satin finish one just to try but they don't seem to get very good reviews.

TBH I'm really impressed with the Geyon tyre dressing. Much better than the Megs tyre gel or Chemical Guys tire & trim gel
I use this one and it seems to last almost a week if the weather’s ok. Just took a risk with it & little experience in tyre products -second treatment for high sheen
https://www.jennychem.com/products/long-life-tyre-shine

Can anybody tell me if there's any risk cleaning the inside of an electrically heated windscreen. In some lights, I can see the fine zigzag film of electrically conducting material. I presume this isn't a surface coat but is built in, because there's nothing in the manual that cautions against cleaning. I presume the usual glass spray cleaners (I have the AutoGleam one) are fine to use, with the usual care I'd use for, eg, a rear heated screen?

Can anybody tell me if there's any risk cleaning the inside of an electrically heated windscreen. In some lights, I can see the fine zigzag film of electrically conducting material. I presume this isn't a surface coat but is built in, because there's nothing in the manual that cautions against cleaning. I presume the usual glass spray cleaners (I have the AutoGleam one) are fine to use, with the usual care I'd use for, eg, a rear heated screen?
If it's the Ford and jaguar type it's embedded in the glass so impossible to damage. Even if not, as with a heated rear screen, normal care will preserve it.

I cannot show pics of my chariot in same thread.

Current trajectory is likely to wait until late March, maybe a fortnight longer - for a period of three or four warm dry days when - once baked in the Springtime sun - I shall be able to tap along the centreline, and out of its mud carapace shall pop a shiney e39 BMW, Kinder-egg stylee.

Guess what - this is pretty-much what happened! Quite gratifying : )

I really ought to have weighed the thing before, and after.
Oh,and I have the classic e39 dose of corrosion around the boot decklid keyhole to deal with. Other than that - yeah, shineh!

Oh,and I have the classic e39 dose of corrosion around the boot decklid keyhole to deal with. Other than that - yeah, shineh!
I had corrosion the same on a nasty old Vectra . When I went to scrub it up it holed. There was a plastic trim in gunmetal grey that perfectly matched a CD case inner. Half an hour later a butchered CD case made a neat semicircular trim. A friend thought it was factory fit.

Common occurrence on the saloons pal; get a new OEM seal and get your bodyshop to sort it, they'll soon have it cleaned up & looking new :)

Common occurrence on the saloons pal; get a new OEM seal and get your bodyshop to sort it, they'll soon have it cleaned up & looking new :)
Naah. Ghetto solution. Clean off the loose scale, slather the rusty bits with Waxoyl then fabricate a nice escutcheon out of, ooh, anything interesting, and fit it. I've got some great ally checker plate that would look as cool as a penguin's bum on your boot lid. :p

Front wheels off; brake calipers wire brushed in readiness for painting; wheel arches scrubbed to within an inch of their lives and coated/wiped down with G303 Aerospace protectant

Calipers painted with E-Tech silver enamel paint using the sponge applicators (leaves a much smoother finish; saw Sreten of @M539_Restoratioins fame do this to the calipers on his E46 Touring)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D8WZF70/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DZPNJOA/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I'll be doing the rears sometime next week ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back