advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

Looks really well...

My pals just treated himself to an RS7; collects it later this week as he's having some work dine via Audi and then it's into the local car detailing place to us for a full 3 day decontamination, 2 / 3 stage polish and ceramic coating jobby; about £750 for that IIRC!

Never been an Audi fan TBH but I'd never turn down an RS6 or RS7 ;)
A new RS7? Lucky man, they must be on a very long lead time unless the dealer had one in stock. I was lucky to get my RS6 when I did. I think I could get more for it now than when I bought it. Not gonna happen though :)

A new RS7? Lucky man, they must be on a very long lead time unless the dealer had one in stock. I was lucky to get my RS6 when I did. I think I could get more for it now than when I bought it. Not gonna happen though :)

No; it's 2nd hand. One that had been traded in and sat on the dealer forecourt for quite a while I think (hence the work it's having done which included numerous car park dings, knackered alloys and a full service etc)

I’ve had my Audi a year this April and it certainly seems to have appreciated according to those V8 twin turbos in the marketplace, shortage of new cars, microchips etc?

Spent a couple of hours trying to get as much of the dirt that's collected and dried hard from the heat off the engine in the rear arches today. I really need to get the wheels off to do it properly but I don't have a trolley jack and axle stands. I think I managed to get most of it out with a long handled heavy duty wheel brush and multiple applications of APC and the power washer.

The car might have been a low mileage garage queen but the previous owners didn't pay much attention to the dirty end of the car! Once I've sorted out the jack & stands, I'll getting the wheels off really get in there.

Last edited:
Spent a coupe of hours trying to get as much of the dirt that's collected and dried hard from the heat off the engine in the rear arches today. I really need to get the wheels off to do it properly but I don't have a trolley jack and axle stands. I think I managed to get most of it out with a long handled heavy duty wheel brush and multiple applications of APC and the power washer.

The car might have been a low mileage garage queen but the previous owners didn't pay much attention to the dirty end of the car! Once I've sorted out the jack & stands, I'll getting the wheels off really get in there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005TFSJCC/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W6NUPZO/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

That's my kit (bar I'e got x4 axle stands)

Been great for every car I've owned over the last 12 years or so; the trolley jack I've had for around 4-5 years now; replaced another Sealey trolley jack (which I've still got, but it's the 'back up' now) ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000RA2ZD8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Regarding trolly jacks I still have and use my Blue Point ( Snap On ) 5 ton jack
I used it professionally from around 1990 to date , Last used a month ago when I fitted
new discs and pads on my Toyota Landcruser , Only drawback now is how much the jack weighs
It must be 60lbs , It's a challenge for me to lift it now in my senior years :(

I got busy with my motions and potions yesterday - my brother's recently acquired S80 V8 got 'the treatment'. I woke up feeling totally ruined this morning, my DA polisher having called it a day half way through the job! :D
51941862411_06db3724e2_b.jpg

51941947538_e527611e98_b.jpg

I really like the Polestar alloys as a design, as for cleaning them.. Oooft, time consuming.

Had some great success getting rid of some paint scuff/scratches, which on a black car, stood out a bit too much for my level of OCD.
Before:
51942478025_ac612db642_c.jpg

After:
51940873992_08abfd6660_c.jpg

What compounds and pads did you use out of interest? I’ll be doing my virgin polishing on my TT convertible next month with my new In2detailing DA8 and Mini using Rupes yellow polish and pads.

Thanks, chaps! It is indeed a rare example as Volvo UK imported just over 100 of them over the two years it was offered for sale in the UK.

As to products used, just my usual go-to products from Autoglym & Meguiars (car wash/paint correction liquid/polish/wax/clay). Think the DA was a Meguiars labelled item - I bought it off a nephew a while back. Medium polishing pad, soft pad for buffing up plus various types of microfibre cloths.

Talking about cleaning cars, did anybody's car get covered in sand today? I cleaned mine yesterday and today it was coved in sand from the Saharan sand storm!

Talking about cleaning cars, did anybody's car get covered in sand today? I cleaned mine yesterday and today it was coved in sand from the Saharan sand storm!
I cycled back to the hotel, glasses filthy on return, thought it was road splash. Perhaps not. This is in Suffolk.

Yes Wylton, noticeable on the cars and also bins here in the Surrey hills. Means I have to gently clean the bonnet and panel wipe it before I continue with the paint chip repairs that I’m doing as part of pre-polishing prep stages.

Yes, a big mistake washing my car yesterday, because it was covered in red sand this morning. I hosed it down this morning, but I'm kidding myself if I think it's clean. Still, with all that is going on in the world at the moment, I guess it's a small problem.

Yes, a big mistake washing my car yesterday, because it was covered in red sand this morning. I hosed it down this morning, but I'm kidding myself if I think it's clean. Still, with all that is going on in the world at the moment, I guess it's a small problem.

Same; mine got a full pre-wash, snow foam, wash, snow foam, clayed and washed again, rinsed & then towel dried yesterday...

It's absolutely full of dust again this morning :D

advertisement

Back