advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

Actually not correct is it ? If Liverpool win every game then one of those is against City which would put Liverpool two points ahead . Considering at the start on the year we were 14 points behind and until tonight it was never ours to win I think we have done quite well this season . Personally I see the City game as a draw and we will be just behind them but I have to say that this has at least made the run in interesting and not just a procession to the end.

Correct, I don’t know what glasses I was wearing last night!

Liverpool were five points clear after 6 games, Chelsea were three points clear after 12 games, City were three points clear after 18 games. Then City went on a superb run and it looked in the bag, Liverpool have been on a superb run and it’s all changed, we've just heard how God's moving to Stamford Bridge. It’s been wide open all season.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-table...Aug-01/todate:2021-Nov-01/type:home-and-away/

I have to state that in many ways we are lucky to have two such different and superb teams in the league that are pushing each other to as Klopp said insane levels . I can not see this changing from now till the end of the season and this will most likely go on till the last game of the season . The game against City may well be exciting but all I can see is a draw . Things are now so tight that it could all change within a few weeks . Liverpool's luck could run out and we can drop a game or two and City will just stroll through to the title . Or City could have another frustrating day against mass defending sides and hand Liverpool the chance to go and win . All I can say is despite the sick feeling in my stomach each time we play that we will draw or lose I am so happy that we have a contest which makes whoever wins it the real deserving champions . I know that many will say much better to just be so far ahead that it is an easy walk to the finish but having felt that I disagree I want the challenge and the nerves of a real fight .

Oh and numbers do not lie at the start of this year Liverpool were 14 points behind City the number of games to play is not relevant games in hand are not points they were that far behind and it has meant we have had to win all of those game to get were we are now . It is easy to try and explain the run away and make light of it but it stands out as being some chase . Sadly that gets you nothing other than within striking distance of City not in front not ahead behind . If we fail to head City then no one will remember or think about the chase only the failure . If that as I expect it will happen then City are worthy champions and rightly to be praised for a great achievement .

I have to state that in many ways we are lucky to have two such different and superb teams in the league that are pushing each other to as Klopp said insane levels . I can not see this changing from now till the end of the season and this will most likely go on till the last game of the season . The game against City may well be exciting but all I can see is a draw . Things are now so tight that it could all change within a few weeks . Liverpool's luck could run out and we can drop a game or two and City will just stroll through to the title . Or City could have another frustrating day against mass defending sides and hand Liverpool the chance to go and win . All I can say is despite the sick feeling in my stomach each time we play that we will draw or lose I am so happy that we have a contest which makes whoever wins it the real deserving champions . I know that many will say much better to just be so far ahead that it is an easy walk to the finish but having felt that I disagree I want the challenge and the nerves of a real fight .

Oh and numbers do not lie at the start of this year Liverpool were 14 points behind City the number of games to play is not relevant games in hand are not points they were that far behind and it has meant we have had to win all of those game to get were we are now . It is easy to try and explain the run away and make light of it but it stands out as being some chase . Sadly that gets you nothing other than within striking distance of City not in front not ahead behind . If we fail to head City then no one will remember or think about the chase only the failure . If that as I expect it will happen then City are worthy champions and rightly to be praised for a great achievement .

The way I see it is this. We bought in Grealish - he's not made any difference to us as a squad (so far), you bought Diaz who looks like he's always been there and has energised your squad giving them that push to make up the winter points gap. I was hoping Salah & Mane being away would cost you points but you've really picked it up since then whereas we've gone a bit backwards since then. You have the momentum to really go on and win all your remaining games as the longer the run continues, the squad confidence improves and the opposition will feel they've lost before they even get on the pitch.

I thought Arsenal would use last night's game to announce that next season, they can be up there challenging maybe in place of Chelsea who might start regressing with all the turmoil there at the moment but they just weren't up to it.

The only team that can give you a game now is us but I'm doubtful about it right now.

I have to state that in many ways we are lucky to have two such different and superb teams in the league that are pushing each other to as Klopp said insane levels .

I'd rate Chelsea in with the top two in fairness, little to choose between them

That may well be the case for next season but this season for whatever reason Chelsea are just not that competitive and at the same level as City and Liverpool . CL and FA cup will be very different and they may well go all the way in both .

In that case, when we fall two points behind you, this week, it will not matter that we have a game in hand.

Very true it will not matter you will be two points behind but only if we win the game , that is the funny thing about numbers they do not change . I still would be happier with points earned than possible points from a game in hand but it has no alteration to the number at all .

Also as both teams are playing in the FA Cup this weekend and the next PL games are not till 02/04 think it might be a little while till your theory gets tested.

Big game for Everton tonight. Another loss is going to make their run in a bit fraught. I think they'll stay up though.

Oh well, unbeaten run over, had to be Millwall & an ex player to boot. Typical.

:D Good Karma they wore all white strip between 1968-1975. If only you had been a little more generous in your thoughts to wonderful Leeds!

Anyway I hope they go up and Carlos gets some Premier experience before he moves on to the biggest club in Yorkshire ;)

He talks utter shite - as if he's at the negotiating table! He's like a 15-year-old keyboard warrior posting transfer talk on Twitter like they are in the boardroom and not their bedroom.
He does like to think he's a mover and shaker in things. He spent more time at CFA when Pep joined than anyone else working there!

:D Good Karma they wore all white strip between 1968-1975. If only you had been a little more generous in your thoughts to wonderful Leeds!

Anyway I hope they go up and Carlos gets some Premier experience before he moves on to the biggest club in Yorkshire ;)
Yawn. Apparently I shared a lift with the Leeds goalkeeper yesterday, was pointed out by a Leeds loving colleague.

The crap we receive from you lot means you’re getting all the Karma this season.

Would like to get into the playoffs but not bothered about EPL, difficult for smaller clubs to compete as Leeds are finding out this season;)

advertisement

Back