advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season II

If City win every game we win the league, if Liverpool win every game they might.

Actually not correct is it ? If Liverpool win every game then one of those is against City which would put Liverpool two points ahead . Considering at the start on the year we were 14 points behind and until tonight it was never ours to win I think we have done quite well this season . Personally I see the City game as a draw and we will be just behind them but I have to say that this has at least made the run in interesting and not just a procession to the end.

Important to get over the international break without injuries then beat Watford to take top position by two points with a superior goal difference. This might put pressure on City to win their game in hand away at Burnley before the teams meet on 10/04, a game I’ll miss as I’ll be flying home from holiday

Actually not correct is it ? If Liverpool win every game then one of those is against City which would put Liverpool two points ahead . Considering at the start on the year we were 14 points behind and until tonight it was never ours to win I think we have done quite well this season . Personally I see the City game as a draw and we will be just behind them but I have to say that this has at least made the run in interesting and not just a procession to the end.

You've won ten on the trot, a great accomplishment, and caught back the gap from City's 12 game win streak. These are two great teams but what is now claimed as a 14 point gap was described, by Liverpool fans at the time, as 'yeah, but two games in hand, lad!' I know, I heard it repeatedly in cafes in the city. It's now head to head, as it has been for much of Pep and Klopp's reigns, and may the best man (Pep) win.

Last edited:
The fact was that it was 14 points between the team in January is significant, regardless of games in hand ‘lar’ - as they still have to be won. The momentum is with the reds and City still favourites, a statement I wouldn’t have made had the Toffees got the point they deserved at Goodison if not for a dreadful decision. If they had and the Reds were a point ahead then I think we’re well capable of getting a draw at the Etihad and remain as favourites

The fact was that it was 14 points between the team in January is significant, regardless of games in hand ‘lar’ - as they still have to be won. The momentum is with the reds and City still favourites, a statement I wouldn’t have made had the Toffees got the point they deserved at Goodison if not for a dreadful decision. If they had and the Reds were a point ahead then I think we’re well capable of getting a draw at the Etihad and remain as favourites
I know someone who was at the game who said Everton were terrible and didn’t deserve anything from it so that handball decision was actually correct. :D

I’m sure there have been plenty of decisions that have & will go Liverpool’s way so it’s pointless going on about it. It’s done so let’s just enjoy the run in.

And yes, it’s still Liverpool’s to lose. ;)

and I’m not forgetting that decision made by an official whose brother is a City season ticket holder, couldn’t make it up ;)

I think it may, in the end, come down to who's luckiest with injuries going forward and quality of squad depth.
City, a few weeks ago, looked like they might have the luxury of resting players in the league when the CL reached the 'business end'.
Credit to Liverpool for hanging in there.

I think it may, in the end, come down to who's luckiest with injuries going forward and quality of squad depth.
City, a few weeks ago, looked like they might have the luxury of resting players in the league when the CL reached the 'business end'.
Credit to Liverpool for hanging in there.
We’ve been patchy for a while now. Just hoping we can pick it up again otherwise Liverpool will come to our place a few points ahead. They look unbeatable at the moment, we look far from that.

We’ve been patchy for a while now. Just hoping we can pick it up again otherwise Liverpool will come to our place a few points ahead. They look unbeatable at the moment, we look far from that.
I think Pep is very single minded about how he wants to play and that's maybe cost you recently - I found it quite bizarre that he didn't make any changes to either style of play or personnel when you dropped points at Palace.
Klopp, by contrast, is quiick to change things when he's not happy.

If City and Liverpool both win all their remaining games but draw at The Etihad then it's the Reds title assuming the GD gap.

Nah. Chelsea will be bought by a consortium of Quakers, become morally pure, and the grace of God will shine down and see the virtuous Blues will win by a single point on the last game of the season.

advertisement

Back