advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"but accept that I am completely out of touch with what a large number of the population want."

And this is the issue. If the large majority want what we have now then it won't change, unless a more appealing alternative appears. It's democracy in a FTPF system.

spot the oxymoron!

I don't want a revolution, too much blood gets spilt on both sides and the repercussions reverberate down the generations. But maybe something analogous to 'stop funding hate' could help. Find out who is funding our political parties, identify their business interests and boycott them or the businesses they rely on.

Every little helps. I actively promote and donate to groups such as StopFundingHate, Good Law Project, Led By Donkeys etc as I view the Conservative Party as a fundamentally evil and criminal entity. They have reduced the UK to an oligarch kleptocracy and used the very lowest bigotry and hatred to divide and scapegoat to achieve that aim. Their business is theft and asset-stripping and they will stand against democracy and accountability at every opportunity. They create laws for us alone, laws they will never abide by themselves. I support everything that weakens their fraudulent and corrupt power. I only wish Labour felt the same.

I encourage people to help fund entities that help shine a spotlight on this corrupt and vile sham of a government. They are all we have.

"but accept that I am completely out of touch with what a large number of the population want."

And this is the issue. If the large majority want what we have now then it won't change, unless a more appealing alternative appears. It's democracy in a FTPF system.
Not a majority, but then it doesn’t have to be! The FPTP system is dreadful.

The whole voting system has been manipulated throughout history and we only have the system that we have now as a false belief that we can make a difference. We have been given breadcrumbs slowly throughout the past 150 years and this is where we are. The conservatives believe they are better than us and are there to rule. They’re not going to change.

If the large majority want what we have now then it won't change, unless a more appealing alternative appears. It's democracy in a FTPF system.

I assume that was a joke. You do realise that 56.4% of those who voted did NOT want what we have now in the 2019 GE. And that the vote for Labour and the Lib Dems combined was identical to the Tories? Yet, here we are with an outright majority of 80 seats giving your party (that is who you voted for, isn't it?) absolute power.

Run that bit about "democracy in a FPTP system" by me again.

The whole voting system has been manipulated throughout history and we only have the system that we have now as a false belief that we can make a difference. We have been given breadcrumbs slowly throughout the past 150 years and this is where we are. The conservatives believe they are better than us and are there to rule. They’re not going to change.
While I agree, I do feel that the reason the electorate has ended up with breadcrumbs is that the electorate hasn’t yet demanded anything more than breadcrumbs.

We seem to have a sense of debt to those above us that makes us so grateful for any crumbs that fall off the table. Let’s face it, if the high table wasn’t there, we wouldn’t even have crumbs.

We pass the responsibility for implementing democracy to our representative, without taking responsibility for setting out demands for how a democracy should look ourselves

When we leave definitions an implementation of democracy up to vested interests we will always end up with a democracy defined more or less by what most suits vested interests

He's every bit as vile and deluded and useless as you might imagine.

"What is Johnson interested in? Monuments, says Cummings. ... Johnson thinks: “What would a Roman emperor do? So, the only thing he was really interested in — genuinely excited about — was, like, looking at maps. Where could he order the building of things?” Cummings says Johnson fantasizes about “monuments to him in an Augustine fashion. ‘I will provide the money. I will be a river to my people. I will provide the money that builds the train station in Birmingham.’ Or whatever. ‘And it will have statues to me, and people will remember me after I am dead like they did the Roman emperors.’”
“You know, as [Johnson] said to me, ‘I’m the ****ing king around here and I’m going to do what I want.’” Cummings speaks slowly and deliberately: “That’s not okay. He’s not the king. He can’t do what he wants. Once you realize someone is operating like that then your duty is to get rid of them, not to just prop them up.” "

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...he-man-trying-to-take-down-boris-johnson.html

The problem’s not Johnson and his Cabinet, it’s always someone else’s fault

drEAeWj.jpg

Like this unelected weasel and full time passenger on the public purse.

The problem’s not Johnson and his Cabinet, it’s always someone else’s fault

drEAeWj.jpg

Like this unelected weasel and full time passenger on the public purse.
Hannan is advisor to Board of Trade who believes that the NHS should be privatised and sold off to the US by stealth

“As for other services areas, health services are an area where both sides would benefit from openness to foreign competition, although we recognize any changes to existing regulations will be extremely controversial. Perhaps, then, for other areas the initial focus should be on other fields such as education or legal services, where negotiators can test the waters and see what is possible.”

https://www.cato.org/white-paper/id...chapter-18-institutional-and-final-provisions

Last edited:
Before the EU referendum I was unfortunate enough to hear Hannan being interviewed on Radio 4. When asked for an example of overbearing EU regulation that informed his support for Brexit, the one and only answer he could give was mandatory child seats in cars.

I may be wrong but I don't think this law has been repealed yet. Perhaps he should campaign for it.

Breaking on the BBC that Boris now has Sue Gray's report for consideration / correction / thinking up more lies. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60195620
I hope that's the case, but the breaking news report says:

A Cabinet Office spokesman said: "We can confirm that Sue Gray has provided an update on her investigations to the prime minister."

'An update on her investigations' might, or might not, be the full report. No doubt the ambiguity is intentional.

I hope that's the case, but the breaking news report says:

'An update on her investigations' might, or might not, be the full report. No doubt the ambiguity is intentional.
Strange one, as it says for me that "Boris Johnson has been handed Sue Gray's report into Downing Street parties, ahead of its expected public release later."

Strange one, as it says for me that "Boris Johnson has been handed Sue Gray's report into Downing Street parties, ahead of its expected public release later."
Yes, it says that too, but that's just the journalist's words. The Cabinet Office's words are rather more cagey and, for now, constitute the only attributable word on the matter.

So Bas Javid reports to Helen Ball who reports to Cressida Dick (her partner) who reports to Priti Patel who reports to Boris Johnson? Sajid
Javid also reports to Boris Johnson? Cressida Dick and Helen Ball, and Bas Javid and Sajid Javid have personal/family ties? The Met is investigating allegations of illegal rave ups in Downing Street?

I'm sure that there is nothing untoward, but I can't think of any organisation, I have ever worked for, which would allow such a hierarchy.

See this link and click professionalism https://www.met.police.uk/police-fo...bout-us/about-the-met/senior-management-team/

Can someone explain to me Johnson’s obsession with hi-viz and helmet? It’s become almost an obsession. Is he training to become a lorry driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back