advertisement

Post Covid Gigs?

Just grabbed tickets for Wolfgang Flur in Guildford.
Just had another gig postponed, so evens really.....

and just remembered we've got tickets for LoneLady in Southampton at the end of the month

Van der Graaf Generator next month at the London Palladium. Originally booked for a couple of years ago when we used to live in Farnborough, so an easy train journey into town.

Now it's a twenty mile drive to the nearest station then a three hour train journey into Waterloo. So an overnight stay is required. Cheap hotel within easy walking distance and train tickets booked (train tickets weren't as much as I feared).

Looking forward to it now. Just need to find a decent pub for a couple of pre-gig pints. Any suggestions?

Jah wobble came to Oxford at the weekend. Did a 2 hrs show with a lot of raconteur stuff between songs. A bit hit and miss but the good stuff was fantastic. Off to see Teeth of the Sea and Utopia Strong in London early Feb. I have been banned, in no uncertain terms, from attending a 3 day indoor psych fest by the missus, absolutely gutted doesn't even come close.

Covid restrictions willing, I'm off to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters, The Jayhawks, Cracker, and Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers next month. Four days of music in Montego Bay, Jamaica (a place which, despite having CDC "highest risk" status, still appears to be much safer than the US).

Yard Act at Rough Trade East last Friday. Definitely for Fall fans (who isn't a Fall fan?!?)

I saw them last year supporting Dry Cleaning. It was the first time I'd seen (or heard of) them and I enjoyed the session. The band are based in Leeds and I remember a few in the crowd chanting "Yorkshire! Yorkshire! Yorkshire!". James Smith responded with, "what yer on about? I'm from Warrington!"

Mrs and I went to boogie on down to Mud Morganfield at the 100 club on Wednesday
( comp tickets ).
Great evening had by all.

advertisement

Back