advertisement

Flexible coax cable for broadband router

Neil P

pfm Member
I have a virgin broadband router and the coax cable from wall to router is far too long and as stiff as anything. Is it possible to buy aftermarket cables that are easier to flex around furniture, and of varying lengths? I had it installed when we moved in, without any furniture in situ, so they gave us a cable that would go half way round the room. In the end the router is next to the socket, so the cable is coiled up under the table!

Does changing the cable need adjustments to gain in the router settings? I seem to remember someone on a forum saying changing the cable needed such tweaks.

I've not seen a coax cable of whatever configuration not to be reasonably flexible, and the one installed by Virgin in my office from socket to modem (4+ metres) goes round various obstacles and a desk. Having lived with NAC A5 for many years, I may be biased, though.;)

ours is reasonably flexible - runs around the room. Won't bend 90° tight into corners though

Its usually a solid core coax, so it has a minimum bend radius, tighter and the core can short out.

You can get screw on plugs, the centre pin is the cable core, you strip the right ammount of stuff off and screw it on so its easy to shorten the cable.

Pete

It`s apparently RG6 so quite thick and chunky but for a very short run virtually any 75 ohm coax would do, I would have thought.

We’ve got a Monster Cable F plug to F plug which is super flexible. The cable is THX Home Theater 400 whatever that is in Monster speak. That’s from the wall point to the V-TiVo-Box thing

advertisement

Back