advertisement

Anybody running a McLaren 650/570?

23699-B6-D-9-EA0-40-C1-A0-AB-5578046-E3-E5-C.jpg
V6 with manual box.

Nice, saw the pre-production models at the Goodwood FOS, looked fabulous!

Another note for @stevec67

Just in case you’re considering using the A17 route on a Friday, I need to let you know that ‘that’ bridge is about to be painted, so expect longer delays. Starts 28th Feb, should be complete by end of July. This year.

Another note for @stevec67

Just in case you’re considering using the A17 route on a Friday, I need to let you know that ‘that’ bridge is about to be painted, so expect longer delays. Starts 28th Feb, should be complete by end of July. This year.
Oh Jesus H fxxing Christ, that's it. Checkmate. I'm getting a sodding boat. That or one of your helis. All the other options are knackered.

Don't think so, certainly not for those brave enough to put down an early deposit

Or do you mean a Hughes 500? Yes please

Potential customers need to pay a non-refundable deposit to secure an HX50, which has a base price of just £495,000 (US$665,000). “Whatever the deposit they put down, they get double the discount,” said Hill.
I guess there maybe massive launch discounts though so I assume they put down 100 and get it for 300.

If I win the lottery this weekend the first thing I’ll do is ring Gordon Murray to put my name down for a T33.

23699-B6-D-9-EA0-40-C1-A0-AB-5578046-E3-E5-C.jpg

Nice, saw the pre-production models at the Goodwood FOS, looked fabulous!
Pre production Top Gear test drive here:

Looks good apart from those bonnet air scoops/lifts. Makes the car look tall at the front if you get what I mean. Not sure if it's for pedestrian impact purposes or something?

Pre production Top Gear test drive here:

Looks good apart from those bonnet air scoops/lifts. Makes the car look tall at the front if you get what I mean. Not sure if it's for pedestrian impact purposes or something?

Eye of the beholder etc, I think they look great and they are part of the aero model I believ and probably some cooling as well. Don't think they are there for safety as such

A reminder for @stevec67 that the roads to Sutton Bridge are now jamming up nicely. One way traffic til July 1st. :)
Thanks for the update Tony. In a rare bit of good news the upgrade of the A14 (for those who haven't seen it, they have basically paved Cambridgeshire) has made what used to be the journey from hell more or less bearable. Some bits are even (whisper it) almost pleasant. Bungay - Diss - Bury St Ed is nice now I see it in the light, then the Newmarket and Cambridge bits are fast. The A1 up to Ferrybridge is the usual sack of crap. Believe it or not I averaged 55 mph door to door, a gnat's cock under 4 hours, last Friday night.

advertisement

Back