advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI0002183715.jpg

Double CD.
I don’t play this often, but Westbrook’s settings for these Blake songs and narratives are full of wonder and beauty.

Led Zeppelin - How the West was won - 2018 vinyl box set. Listening to the acoustic side. Excellent sound although apparently Jimmy P assembled the songs by collecting the best bits from different performances and stitching them together - no sign of that on Going to California…..

Faces - Five Guys Walk Into A Bar.

4CD box set of the faces at their finest, including 30 previously unissued tracks, both live and studio. Release date 2004. 60 page booklet of notes, track lists, and photos included

Faces - Five Guys Walk Into A Bar.

4CD box set of the faces at their finest, including 30 previously unissued tracks, both live and studio. Release date 2004. 60 page booklet of notes, track lists, and photos included

This is a fantastic set. I got it back in the day.

I never saw the Faces but caught Rod at the Hydro in Glasgow a couple of years ago - and very good he was too - I think his Every Picture album is his peak on record. the Faces were a patchy album band - but at their best…..

This is a fantastic set. I got it back in the day.

I never saw the Faces but caught Rod at the Hydro in Glasgow a couple of years ago - and very good he was too - I think his Every Picture album is his peak on record. the Faces were a patchy album band - but at their best…..
Snap, it was a present back in ‘04 from my wife.

Reissue of Blowin' Away from 1978. Suffers a bit from a slightly peculiar mix in places. It's not clear why two nautili adorn the sleeve.

Amazingly according to wiki Dizzy is still with us aged 91!

ZWc.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back