advertisement

Anybody running a McLaren 650/570?

Too loud outside, too sombre inside.

Try again using my combination then get back to me.

We’ll agree to disagree. I should have added I’d go for the yellow stitching on the black leather. Can’t have sombre ;)

P.S. when we get them let’s meet up. They’d look great next to one another.

We’ll agree to disagree. I should have added I’d go for the yellow stitching on the black leather. Can’t have sombre ;)
I'll let you have Yellow seatbelts to go with your stitching but that's about it. It'll look Ok with the Dark Green exterior you''ll have changed to. ;)

Not a fan of black interiors either. A bit gloomy to be in, and makes the inside just a dark, formless space. If it’s an attractive interior, I’d like to be able to appreciate it. The tan looks perfect to me too.

Black interiors are best. Tan looks like you've shat yourself horrid.

The arse that originally specced my new car, specced red seat belts.....what were they thinking of....nearly a deal breaker....

I like the green and tan, but I'm going with black wheels and red calipers.

The yellow is nice too, but I would feel too conspicuous in traffic.

Not a fan of black interiors either. A bit gloomy to be in, and makes the inside just a dark, formless space. If it’s an attractive interior, I’d like to be able to appreciate it. The tan looks perfect to me too.

Inside I want there to be little to distract from the task of driving. That’s one of the reasons I like black!

P.S. when we get them let’s meet up. They’d look great next to one another.

That would be fantastic, the pfm Emira's. Todays fav is Magma Red with Tan leather black wheels and calipers

I like black interiors, but then I try not to make my car colour schemes shout "****ER" too loudly. I let my driving do that instead... :)

Black interiors are best. Tan looks like you've shat yourself horrid.

The arse that originally specced my new car, specced red seat belts.....what were they thinking of....nearly a deal breaker....

I probably need a 4x4 and am toying with the idea of a Macan, however some of the interiors on those put me right off. Might end up being boring and buying yet another Mercedes.

Time for a general car thread? Think we've all buggered up this one for the OP.

Not at all! Some brilliant suggestions, the main consideration it's enjoyable and involving to drive, comfort isn't the main consideration, i don't mind wearing earplugs, sometimes i'd ride to the south of France on a bicycle so any car is an absolutely luxury.

I think Jez is bang on with his Exige suggestion, the Alpine is also a lovely car but i've never driven one, my favorite cars are the Elise, the 7 and the original Fiat Panda! I figured the 570 is an Elise with 570 BHP, however i thought the 570 would be roughly the same dimensions as Boxster... but at over 2m wide it limits it usability in my mind more than the power.

I'm coming from the basis of potentially replacing all my motorbikes with a Caterham, so it seems like luxury by comparison!

I think you'll find every motorcycle you own more refined than a Caterham (even if you own a large single without a balancer shaft!)

A Caterham is a brilliant car and probably even more track focused than the Elise, but for me it was just too compromised on the road (when raining especially) for me to pull the trigger. The Elise came with a hardtop and a soft top (that almost worked). The Caterham I borrowed for a weekend was just not a nice place to be when it rained. Shame as they are epic to drive.
I drove a Caterham 7 from Zeebrugge to Saumur in one day. It chucked it down between Lille and the western suburbs of Paris. Take ear plug s , a sense of adventure and a selection of cloths to mop up leaking doors etc.

This is only 2 cases out of many cars sold, but worth linking to. If I was spending 100s of thousands of quid on a car, I wouldn't take the risk. Apologies for the clickbaity youtube picture.

Any manufacturer that has to specify how you can / can't shut the doors on their models is making a badly designed car IMHO.

That’s just awful & so sad to read that staff can act that way when dealing with customers with so much money invested..! Wtaf

That’s just awful & so sad to read that staff can act that way when dealing with customers with so much money invested..! Wtaf

That's why I actively avoid that particular group when it comes to buying a car. Selling a car to them, no problem's too big but buying? No.

That's why I actively avoid that particular group when it comes to buying a car. Selling a car to them, no problem's too big but buying? No.

Unbelievable dealer behaviour, and such a shame, as now that knowledge is in my head it isn’t going anywhere… and the same in hundreds of other brains nationwide… wtf is the point, and why are these people employed.

advertisement

Back