advertisement

Whisky II

this little freebie sample impressed me....

20220122-112326.jpg

and having finished off a few bottles of other stuff (I promised myself no more bottles until a few were finished) so this is on its way

Screenshot-20220122-112542-Chrome.jpg

and this

Screenshot-20220122-112437-Chrome.jpg

Just filled my hipflask with this for this afternoons short walk, trip to the pub and then all back to my folks for tea:

First opening too, so had a quick swilly and it’s very, very nice indeed… tastes as it looks, dark,& foreboding with hell of a kick of sherry and has the sweetness of Pedro Ximenez

My main use for my hipflasks is taking them along when walking the dog at night. I've got two hipflasks and one has Bunnahabhain Stiuireadair in (and that's been my standard hip-flask tipple for a while) and the other currently has the rather nice James Eadie Trade Mark 'X' blended whisky (https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/james-eadie/james-eadies-trade-mark-x-whisky/?srh=1).

There is ‘being prepared’ and then there is taking a whisky cupboard with you; respect.

I have a nice Tantalus at home and you now have me wondering about fitting it to the back of my bike.
iu

There is ‘being prepared’ and then there is taking a whisky cupboard with you; respect.

I have a nice Tantalus at home and you now have me wondering about fitting it to the back of my bike.
iu

FFS :rolleyes:

your butler is supposed to bring it, in the back of the Range Rover

In my defence I've never taken both hip flasks (both of which were bought for me as presents!) at the same time! Also one lives in my house and the other in my cottage.

I am just coming to the end of one of those, very nice, will be getting more
Interesting bourbon but at that price I'd be paying for a barrel proof version. Have you tried Wild Turkey Rare Breed? I've yet to find a better bourbon sub-£50, and without such a price discrepancy Stateside. From tasting experience, not far off Bookers (but unlike that, it's available and consistent). Eclipsed by Elijah Craig barrel proof but that is x2 price. I'd also add Baker's bourbon as a reasonably good value bourbon that is interesting enough to sit alongside a decent single malt.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

yes not for me - too much caramel sweetness on the palate. Passed my bottle on to my brother. For my palate the Col. EH Taylor is way better, way more subtle in its flavour profile.

Elijah Craig barrel proof

was tempted but (a) the reviews about the level of sweetness put me off, and (b) the place i needed to buy from is out of stock

Had a few nips from my hip flask (the one with the James Eadie Trade Mark X) while walking the dog this evening then a Girvan 14 year old grain whisky (due to the distilleries proximity to Ayr) with my Burns night haggis, neeps and tatties.

advertisement

Back