advertisement

Stock Market 2022

From that graph I take it that at the end of the crypto rainbow is a pot of gold, a precious metal that can be converted to fiat currency, which itself can be exchanged for goods and services ... goods such as peanuts. This video explains the latter part of that transaction.

However, the cost of peanuts has gone up because of inflation !!! (possibly because of supply chain issues or that money was printed or something Russia or China did) so I need to buy gold to protect my wealth.

Joe

This is quite an interesting chart to have a look into, he does ETH too
https://www.blockchaincenter.net/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/

I guess if you put it on a log chart it doesn't look quite so volatile.

XAYXuFo.png

God I love crypto- not for the faint of heart, it's like the wild west. But loads of fun to be had and prints money in an hour or two.

Definitely worth having a few percent of your total play pot in it for the entertainment value alone!

Yesterday, I got my 17yo son an account and £100 in it to teach him some lessons (hopefully)

Definitely worth having a few percent of your total play pot in it for the entertainment value alone!

Yesterday, I got my 17yo son an account and £100 in it to teach him some lessons (hopefully)
You wonder what things will be like when he’s our age and teaching his kids about finance.

After a rollercoaster day, the US markets finished up for the day. Is this the end of the panic selling and a buying opportunity or just a pause in the downtrend like in 2008?

And of course there is ukraine to think about. If the market stays stable for a few days then I might do a little buying. We’ll see.

Question for crypto investors: do you have an exit strategy or do you plan to hold indefinitely?
Exit strategy, CGT implications need considering, volatility means you have to be flexible though not like you can really plan a drawdown strategy although with staking you could do something about taking a regular-ish income.

You need to ask yourself for what are you investing. If its for retirement then its a no brainer to invest within a SIPP. Remember the tax
advantage on the money you invest 20% for a basic tax payer and 40% for a higher rate payer. Thats a 25% and 66% gain before you have bought anything!

For money you may need before then you invest in several ISA's over the years tax free. It all mounts up if you do the sums.

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back