advertisement

Shahinian Hawk Mk.1

I reckon the price they are asking was the price they were new back in 2002, shocking for a pair of speakers 19 yrs old, wouldn't give more than £2.5k

Got sent a eBay message from them Saturday I think with a discount to take them under £4000.

I sent a reply saying they were still way over priced and would need to be serviced and possible new tweeters at least.

Never got a reply back :D

These are quite old speakers and it would depend if they needed any work done on them.

The last pair of Hawks sold on eBay a week ago, that had similar base section numbers, had issues with all the midrange units and used the older seas drivers and would have needed the cabinets altered to take the latests ones, same with the tweeters.

Just because something looks a good buy does not mean that there could not be issues that are unseen or unheard, you really need to hear speakers before spending that kind of money.

Spending £3k+ I would suggest a second hand pair of Arc MK2's or Obilisks would be a better buy and from a dealer or someone who would let you hear them, at least then any issues with drive units you are able to replace them with the latest drive units.

If you’re not too cynical you may get some reassurance that they are coming from an established hifi retailer.

regards

Kevin

advertisement

Back