advertisement

Simple transparent pre for active speakers

MVV

pfm Member
Hello Fishes, I have some Active AE1s and would like a simple transparent pre-amp (I think)
All I need is something to plug the Arkless phono stage into that will allow me to adjust the volume. Seeing as I'm buying something It may as well allow me to attach a streaming source too. So two inputs will be fine.
I don't want to spend a lot so some pro device will be fine.

Thank-you, that was quick. I'm happy to pay that but do I need to? My current amp has a remote but I never use it and I'd rather avoid anything that might need maintenance.

the saga is active and has stock as far as i know . super little pre . if you have about 900 in the pot i can post you to something with xlr outputs

the saga is active and has stock as far as i know . super little pre . if you have about 900 in the pot i can post you to something with xlr outputs
Hello, thanks can you send me a link to it? Unless of course it is the one you previously linked to.

Sorry but I didn't understand this bit: "if you have about 900 in the pot i can post you to something with xlr outputs"

Hello, thanks can you send me a link to it? Unless of course it is the one you previously linked to.

Sorry but I didn't understand this bit: "if you have about 900 in the pot i can post you to something with xlr outputs"

ah i meant if you have 900 pounds available then there is a pre available . MTB has nailed it already . they really are superb . i use 2 of them

200 steps in remote and very organic and long lasting

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/157565-fs-bel-canto-pre3-vbs-lns1-ps/

If you can find one a used Django. Bested some very good pre amps for me. The most disappointing was the Khuzmo.

Khozmo is the best I've ever heard... or rather not heard as it's so transparent.

OP will likely need an active as some gain will be required in all likelihood, depending on the sensitivity of the active speakers.

Depending on gain of the active speakers an active pre may well be necessary.
Correct. I use mine (Tascam VL-X5) with the Creek OBH-22 and I have also used it in the past with Avantgarde Solo actives, it could drive both and it's quite transparent. I bought it when it was first released and works flawlessly for 15+ years. Only the first input & volume works, if you want to change the other inputs, to have remote function and see the LEDs you have to use the power supply.

Something like this?

csdnmtwinfrontmed.jpg

advertisement

Back